Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

UTI and labia swelling ?

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
I am 18 years old and about three weeks ago I had been fingered and performed oral sex on me by a guy. About 3 days ago I felt pain while urinating so I went to the doctors and I was diagnosed with UTI and they gave me medicine. I feel all better now and it doesnt hurt, but today i noticed that my outside of my labia were red and swollen. They don't really itch at all. Is that possible that that is just a symptom of the UTI i have/had?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
It sounds like you have a case of vulvovaginitis, or inflammation of vagina and external genitals.
Vulvitis can cause the labia to look red and somewhat swollen, and cause pain on urination.
Try to change the soap you use for your intimate hygiene and use the medicine you were prescribed.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply