B.S. (honors in research), Biological Sciences, University of California, Irvine 1980-1984
M.D. (magna cum laude),Creighton University School of Medicine, 1988
Surgery, Letterman Army Medical Center - Intern -1989
Neurosurgery, Brooke Army Medical Center - Fellow - 1990
Surgery, Tripler Army Medical - Residency - 1994
Surgical Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute - Fellow - 2000-2003
1995: American Board of Surgery (re-certified 2003)
Editor, <a href="http://www.doctorwascher.com ">Weekly Health Update </a>
Dr. Wascher is an Oncology and Nutrition consultant for OncoGuard, LLC, a science-based nutritional supplement firm headquartered in Irvine, California. He is also associated with the following organizations:
American College of Surgeons
American Medical Association
American Society of Clinical Oncology
Society of Surgical Oncology
American College of Surgeons Oncology Group
NIH Community Clinical Oncology Program
Gynecologic Oncology Group
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project
Southwest Oncology Group
Cancer Treatment Centers of America
1. Crane-Okada RA, Wascher R, Giuliano A. Long-Term Morbidity of Sentinel Node Biopsy versus Complete Axillary Dissection for Unilateral Breast Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2008; 15:1996-2005.
2. Sabnani I, Varguese J, Wascher RA, Youngworth H, Tsang P. Multiple synchronous unusual extranodal sites of relapse in a patient with mantle cell lymphoma. Clin Adv Hematol Oncol. 200;5:797-802.
3. Coviello L, Wascher RA. Hereditary neoplasia syndromes and the role of the surgeon. Fam Cancer. 2008;7:97-102.
4. Herr MW, Wascher RA, Gagliano RA Jr. Historical perspective and current management of traumatic injury to the extraperitoneal rectum and anus. Curr Surg. 2005;62:625-532.
5. Takeuchi H, Wascher RA, Kuo C, Turner RR, Hoon DS. Molecular diagnosis of micrometastasis in the sentinel lymph node. Cancer Treat Res. 2005;127:221-252.
6. Wascher RA. Pitfalls in the use of rt-PCR as a prognostic indicator in melanoma. J Clin Oncol. 2005;23:3863-3864
7. Antedomenico E, Wascher RA. A case of mistaken identity: giant cystic pheochromocytoma. Curr Surg. 2005;62:193-198.
8. Wascher RA, Morton DL, Kuo C, Elashoff RM, Wang HJ, Gerami M, Hoon DS. Molecular tumor markers in the blood: early prediction of disease outcome in melanoma patients treated with a melanoma vaccine. J Clin Oncol. 2003;21(:2558-2563.
9. Wascher RA, Huynh KT, Giuliano AE, Hansen NM, Singer FR, Elashoff D, Hoon DS. Stanniocalcin-1: a novel molecular blood and bone marrow marker for human breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:1427-1435.
10. Wascher RA, Bostick PJ, Huynh KT, Turner R, Qi K, Giuliano AE, Hoon DS. Detection of MAGE-A3 in breast cancer patients' sentinel lymph nodes. Br J Cancer. 2001;85:1340-1346.
11. Hoon DS, Kuo CT, Wascher RA, Fournier P, Wang HJ, O'Day SJ. Molecular detection of metastatic melanoma cells in cerebrospinal fluid in melanoma patients. J Invest Dermatol. 2001;117:375-378.
12. Wascher RA, Barcia PJ. Tincture of benzoin: clinical and microbiological implications of reusable containers. Mil Med. 1996;161:143-145.
13. Wascher RA, Gwinn BC 2nd. Air rifle pellet injury to the heart with retrograde caval migration. J Trauma. 1995;38:379-381.
14. Wascher RA, Lee MY. Cancer. 1992 Jul 15;70(2):490-2. Recurrent cutaneous leiomyosarcoma. Cancer. 1992;70:490-492.