Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Used pull-out method during ovulation

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
I am a healthy 23 year old and my husband is also healthy and 23 as well.My husband and I have stopped all birth control methods and are ready to welcome a child into our lives. We have not officially begun trying however, but we ARE having unprotected sex. My last period began on May 26th. I have shorter cycles, usually about 25-27 days. I noticed I was ovulating this week(the 7th-10th) and we had sex every day during that period. He did pull out however. I am wondering what are the odds that we could end up conceiving even though he pulled out. I even went online and used an ovulation calculator and sure enough it matched when I thought I was ovulating(I had the stringy egg white mucous) and it said that the 7th-10th would be my most fertile days. Anyone have any idea what the odds are? Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper angryanddistracted
|

replied June 11th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
TankersWife87, It all depends on how well he pulled out. If he ejaculated a bit inside your vagina, you can become pregnant (25% or a little bit less chance). If he made sure he finished outside you, it will be a big surprise if you become pregnant from that.

To get pregnant, you need at least 2ml semen with 10 million healthy sperm. Sperm is only secreted during ejaculation. The only danger from pull-out is the fact that he might not pull out in time or he might get excited and ejaculate before he meant to and do it inside you.

Best of luck!
|
Users who thank UnknownABC for this post: vintagevanessa 

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2010
Supporter
Actually there is sperm present in precum. This is the reason they say not to use the pull out method as birth control. Most men have this precum and cannot even tell that it is happening so they will not know to pull out. This precum is a natural occurance.
|

replied October 22nd, 2013
This is a complete myth. There is no sperm whatsoever existing in pre-ejaculatory fluids. However, it is entirely possible that sperm from a previous ejaculation clung to the walls of the urethra and on to pre-ejaculate. Urinating between ejaculations will rid the urethra of this excess sperm, however.
|

replied June 30th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
gotquestions1524, Nope, sorry, not true. Pre-ejaculate comes from different glands than sperm. It does not pass over or through the sperm on its way out. There are actual scientific research studies to back up the fact that pre-chum does not contain live sperm. Only dead sperm that was left over in the urethra from a previous ejaculation. There is not one single study to contradict this.

For some couples pull-out works perfectly. For others it is a real bad idea. This is because of the fact that ejaculation and orgasm goes together for a man. And having an orgasm is one of the big reasons why men have sex. You are thus asking him to interrupt his orgasm by pulling out. Only a special man will do so consistently every time. Men also learn to make sex last longer and delay ejaculation by squeezing their PC muscles (kegels). This will allow some men to interrupt their orgasm but some semen can escape.

If you got pregnant from pre-cum, the man either ejaculated and lied or did not understand that he ejaculated. If not he's got bigger medical issues that needs to be corrected or he did something dumb to get real live sperm into your vagina.

Unfortunately pull-out normally means that the sex was unexpected or that the participants are very young or drunk. All of these are very dangerous situations that needs to be avoided because it means that the partners normally does not know each others sexual response cycles and it is a recipe for disaster.

Many people gets killed every day crossing a road. We do not say 'Crossing a road kills you'. That is because crossing the road does not kill you. Not looking, knowing and concentrating is what kills them. With pull-out it is exactly the same concept. It is not pull-out that makes the women pregnant. It is pulling out incorrectly. It is being uninformed, inexperienced, young, drunk, or stupid that makes them pregnant.
|

replied April 24th, 2011
There is a very low rate of active sperm but it still occurs. There have been reported pregnancy from pre-ejaculation. The orgasm is the full release but it does not mean that it is the only time there is a release. Please provide these research references cause I am certain you can not make a definitive statement about pre-ejaculation being inactive.
|

replied June 30th, 2010
Experienced User
I've used the pull out method thousands of times and it's only failed me once.
|

replied July 12th, 2010
Withdrawal method whilst ovulating could I be pregnant?
Right here goes - I have been feeling sick for the past week (its occurs throughout the day mainly when I have finished a meal) I have had a bit of heartburn (which I never get). Also last week I had flu like symptoms - exhaustion I couldnt wake up on a morning, headaches and sore throat, extreme temperature. I am usually a very cold person wrapping up - but I have been overheating very quickly.

I was due on my period yesterday and have had no symptoms at all - no breast tenderness which is usually pretty bad where I have to hold my breasts when I walk down the stairs as they hurt that much - but I have had nothing. Also I have a little blister type thing on my breast that flares up when I am due on - that hasnt flared up!
This has got me thinking could I be pregnant??? I have done some research and I have most of the symptoms apart from breast tenderness and spotting. So maybe it is in my head and the flu/illness has delayed my period! I have severe cramping in my lower back (possibly due to the onset of my period - but I have never had cramps during a menstrual cycle in 9yrs).

However, on 26th June and on 27th June I had unprotected sex with my fiance using the withdrawal method - he did not finish inside of me on either occasion but I have read that the 'pre-ejaculation' can get you pregnant.
Also I had my last period on 10th June for 6 days and I have worked out that I would have been ovulating around the time we had sex - before anyone judges me I didnt click/realise about my ovulation (I obviously didnt listen in Biology at school) and also I didnt know about the 'pre-ejaculation' business.

I am always regular with my periods having come off the Implant in January for medical reasons - plus all these symptoms keep playing on my mind - also today I constantly needed the toilet at work I have been 12 times in about 12hours. 6 times were within 5hours and I have drank as normal!
Please help to shed some light - is it all in my head because I have read so much or has anyone else felt this way???
(Sorry for the essay)
|

replied July 31st, 2010
Silly question....
i was in the spa with a girl and we began to have sex. After about two or three thrusts into her i decided against it and pulled out. i wasnt even close to orgasm. I am worried however because i believe she was ovulating at the time.... can anyone put this into perspective? should i be worried?
|

replied July 31st, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Chris, The best advice will be for her to take Plan B or another form of emergency contraceptives as soon as possible.

With that said, the risk of pregnancy is extremely small if not impossible.Both your penis and her vagina was in the water. It is not normal for a man to ejaculate in three thrusts.

Best of luck!
|

replied May 25th, 2011
Okay, before you start to lecture I already know it was stupid.

I am 15 years old. I had unprotected sex with my 17 year old boyfriend during the time I was ovulating. He pulled out and finished. I had my last period April 21. We had sex on the 6th of May. I get my period no matter what on the 21st of every month. I have been feeling nauseous and Extremely tired. After I eat anything I feel like I just want to throw it back up. I get these little cramps that will come and go. Also I have been spotting a bit in the past few days. I do use a birth control pill but I have had strep since the 15th and my doctor prescribed me Amoxicillin which can reduce the effectiveness of the birth control. I haven't told anyone but my boyfriend and I just said that I am late with my period so I wouldn't worry him. I need help. I don't know what to do and there is no possible way for me to get a test without telling my mom. Which I want to avoid until I know anything concrete. PLEASE help me.
|

replied June 20th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
pregnancy tests are cheap and available, I have seen them in Dollar stores. let adults help u
|

replied September 12th, 2011
i hate to ask this but i badly need other's comments and advices.

My first day of period was on August 30 to september 3(fifth day of my mentrual cycle). My boyfriend and i had intercourse (unprotected sex) last sept. 10&11 but we did pull-out method. i know and he told me too that he discharge it outside of my vulva. am i really safe or not? where my first concern is that today or by tomorrow is my ovulation day according to my lady's calendar? please guys.
|

replied September 12th, 2011
i hate to ask this but i badly need other's comments and advices.

My first day of period was on August 30 to september 3(fifth day of my menstrual cycle). My boyfriend and i had intercourse (unprotected sex) last sept. 10&11 but we did pull-out method. i know and he told me too that he discharge it outside of my vulva. am i really safe or not? where my first concern is that today or by tomorrow is my ovulation day according to my lady's calendar? please guys.
|

replied September 30th, 2011
practice, learn...love
i have used the pulled out method for over 2 years and it has been a great birth control for me and my girlfriend. Before having girlfriend i used to masturbate a lot so I know myself pretty well my dad gave me a book with all the "secrets" so i know moreless how to control myself from orgasm while having passionate sex. But now with my girlfriend it was so different is so much difficult to hold the orgasm! so I had to relearn the best ways to hold my orgasm mainly because I want her to have her orgasm first...so I usualy let her finish first and then I masturbate outside of her and finish. So after doing that for over 2 years I am used to that now...so my body knows I can't finish inside her...only outside after her finishing and I can hold my erection as long as she wants or have an orgasm...making story short...you all need a trust worthy person that can helpyou and let you discover the best ways of sex...sex is something beautiful and you should only do it with the person you want to be with your whole life. Practice and learn how to control...I usually pre-cum alot but if you pee before sex that will clean up the urethra leaving it clear of dead and live sperm from the last ejaculation. pre-cum does not carry semen...is what is left on the urethra that has the last semen. advice...masturbate every 2 days and you won't have as much pre-cum if you are worry about that. cheers!! hope this helps for the guys. and for the girls hope u find a guy that knows what he is going...
|

replied June 26th, 2012
help
Ok i need help...on the 8th i got my implanon out and the next day i started my period..i am no longer on any bc..on the 25 was my ovulation day right??. Im not sure how to calculate it..and my bf used the pullout method on the day of my ovulation n some landed on my leg..and the night b4 that it kinda landed ouside my vj..& i heard sperm or precum can travel upward sometimes..any chance i could get prego? My next period starts in about 2 weeks...wen should i test just in case?
|

replied December 16th, 2012
I need some advice me and my best friend have been having sex for the last yr and half now I have been on the nuva ring until this month cause I couldn't afford it. We had unprotected sex twice that night and come to find out I was ovulating that weekend he pulled out but is there a chance I could be prego? I really need some advice
|

replied July 31st, 2013
HELP!
I had sex on my ovulation day. My boyfriend does NOT masturbate or anything because he's not as sexually involved as I am. But to finish the story, I havent seen him in about a week because I was out of town, when I came back, we had sex and he wasnt even close to an orgasm/busting a nut, but I made him get off of me anyway and I gave him head until he came !! He dosent nut as quick as most guys it usually takes him a while. Because the first time I lost my virginity to him, we had unprotected sex atleast 4 times that night, And that was around the month of April !!! So do you think I would be pregnant if I let him finish by me giving him a blowjob?
|

replied September 4th, 2013
Idk
On august i had sex with my friend wasn't i expected it was our first time he pull-out after i had a orgasm and we were drinking ..... My Calendar say I Ovulated on August 30,2013.
Af is on the sep.13 Ive feeling cramps and backache and heartburn. Idk what's going on.
|

replied October 23rd, 2013
You made numerous nice ideas there. I done a search on the issue and learnt nearly all peoples will agree with your blog. It’s a wonder more people aren’t trying it out.

|