Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

Use of an erection ring for erectile dysfunction

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
I have had sex with about 20 women in the past and only a couple were girls I had even moderate emotional involvement with, so I often times have closed my eyes and pictured having sex with another girl during intercourse, making it a similar activity to when I masturbate.

I am currently in a serious relationship, and I've found that I have a harder time thinking of someone else during sex because I feel guilty about it (as I should), and at the same time also find it hard to enjoy sex itself and therefore cannot easily maintain full erection. I enjoy receiving oral sex much more, but it makes my girlfriend feel self conscious because she'd rather get me to orgasm through intercourse. I've been unemployed for a while, so I guess maybe my anxiety may have something to do with it, but over time, I've usually taken a fairly long time to get an orgasm no matter what.

Do penis rings help the issue of staying erect longer?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2009
Erectile Dysfunction Answer A5482

A erection ring is a band that is put around a man’s penis and scrotum and prevents the blood from leaving the penis. Though certain men use erection rings to enhance their erections, they are not recommended for this purpose and instead are considered an enhancement toy or a novelty. The erection ring should be removed immediately if pain, discomfort or soreness is felt. Even without these symptoms, it is recommended to remove the erection ring after 20 minutes.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Erectile Dysfunction , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.