Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Diagnostics & Test Results Forum

Urine test for alcohol

When you get a urine alcohol test can Ativan increase the ethanol levels in the results?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 11th, 2012
alcohol and benzos
I do not know, but my alcohol test was positive, and I had NOT had any alcohol in 25 yrs.The test was,ethanol (negative),Ethyl Sulfate (negative)but Ethyl Glurcuronide (positive)Had I not reqested my records I would never known this, and I was very shocked because not one word had ever been said to me about this.This was over a yr ago. But, the notes also said "I cannot continue to write scripts for opaites if she continues to be positive for alcohol and benzos" I could not believe this!!!I I researched this and there are over 50 daily products we use with this in it.I searched my brain for what I could have used and it turned out it is in my femine lubricant. There are law suits over this. I do take a small dose of Xanx, but my doctor knew this. I guess this was not the answer to your question, but just had to say something about this. This a very serious matter in pain clinics, which means,how can you really be sure any of these tests are correct. We are held to such a high standard, yet they play God with us.This just adds more stress to a patient in severe pain. Oh yeah, it did say that the test for this is so sensitive that it picks up all these other things that are by products of alcohol.I had not ever shown alcohol use, and his statement about "continues to be positive for alcohol" really infuriates me!!
|

replied April 11th, 2012
alcohol and benzos
I do not know, but my alcohol test was positive, and I had NOT had any alcohol in 25 yrs.The test was,ethanol (negative),Ethyl Sulfate (negative)but Ethyl Glurcuronide (positive)Had I not reqested my records I would never known this, and I was very shocked because not one word had ever been said to me about this.This was over a yr ago. But, the notes also said "I cannot continue to write scripts for opaites if she continues to be positive for alcohol and benzos" I could not believe this!!!I I researched this and there are over 50 daily products we use with this in it.I searched my brain for what I could have used and it turned out it is in my femine lubricant. There are law suits over this. I do take a small dose of Xanx, but my doctor knew this. I guess this was not the answer to your question, but just had to say something about this. This a very serious matter in pain clinics, which means,how can you really be sure any of these tests are correct. We are held to such a high standard, yet they play God with us.This just adds more stress to a patient in severe pain. Oh yeah, it did say that the test for this is so sensitive that it picks up all these other things that are by products of alcohol.I had not ever shown alcohol use, and his statement about "continues to be positive for alcohol" really infuriates me!!
|