Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Urine smells like corn

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
Im 33 years old. I am not pregnant. I drink alot of water and am relatively active. For about 6 months now I have noticed that my urine has a strange odour.. something like a mielie on the cob smell. I dont itch and it doesnt burn. What could this be as my urine has never had this strange smell before. Rolling Eyes
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 13th, 2009
Sugar Puffs
That's so strange,I thought I was the only one.
I would describe it smelling like Sugar Puffs, (which i do eat occasionally)lol
|

replied March 26th, 2009
Yes indeed it will happen totally crispy crunch cereal does it to me all the time, what you eat also come out your urine, that is why some people think they have UTI, when might actually be something they are eating that is irritating the UT, so yes it is to do with what you eat too.......
|