Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

urine smell change

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
Hi, I get UTIs once in a while, but not too often. I know I don't have one because I feel no pain when I urinate, no blood, not urinating frequently. My urine smells like sweet corn and it didn't always smell like that. It smells like sweet corn all of the time, and sometimes cloudy. I recently had my annual pap exam and that came back normal. What can be the cause of the sweet corn smell of my urine? Does it mean anything?

Thank you,

Dily
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 28th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
There are many reasons for cloudy urine.
It could be noticed after eating a large meal or after drinking a milk due to excess phosphate crystals, that is totally harmless.
Normal vaginal secretions that is most prominent near the ovulation time can cause a cloudy urine.
Vaginal secretions due to STD's is another reason.
If you suffer from high blood pressure, you may have increased proteins level in your urine, resulting in a cloudy urine.
The sweet smell of urine is due to ketones in urine, which form when someone is having diabetes or is on a diet.
|
Did you find this post helpful?