Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Urine difficult to hold

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
Few weeks ago, I started to notice that I can barely holding my pee (I'm 19)..so whenever I have to pee, i have to hurry and run to the bathroom and if I don't then I will pee in my pants. I also tend to notice that my pee smells very strong "the odor". So is there something wrong with me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 28th, 2010
sounds very much like a bladder infection,Smelly urine, if you pee in a glass it will in most cases be unclear, sometimes with little partickles falling to the bottom. urinating might be very unpleasant.its easily cured. See your doc, get some antibiotics. Drinking orangejuice might help, cause it lowers the PH in the bladder, cranberryjuice/pills etc are useful to cure in an early phase or to prevent future infections as women who get bladderinfections often get them again and again.Dont forget to drink plenty of water and wipe front to back(:
|

replied October 29th, 2010
Thank you so much for your information. Is there anything I can do myself, since I don't really feel like going to the doctor. I guess I will have to drink a lot of orange juice, cranberry juice and water! Smile
|

replied February 1st, 2013
Bladder Infection
The same thing is happening to me, and I am also the same age. My parents told me it was probably a bladder infection, and I searched on google and found this! Thanks for the info, nursescat. Smile
|
Tags: bladder
Quick Reply