Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Urinary Problems After Hysterectomy

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
Ever since I had my complete hysterectomy in 2004 I have urinary problems. I rarely urinate. This is so annoying and painful. It takes me hours before I can urinate. Moreover, when I finally urinate after hours of trying to I can either have a drop or a river of urine. Is there hope for me? I am getting frustrated. Please offer some advice or help. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Different urinary problems can appear after hysterectomy as a complications of the procedure.
It is very possible that you have develop a rare and unusual complication known as a bladder atony and inability to void urine.

You should visit you gynecologist that have performed your surgery!
|
Did you find this post helpful?