Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Urinary incontinence and its treatment

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
User Profile
When I orgasm during intercourse, masturbation or finger stimulation from a partner and the 'g spot' is the main area of rubbing- i orgasm and squirt out a substance--- i know there is female ejaculation but this smells like urine somewhat and has a yellowish tint-- and my partner once tasted it and it was bitter like urine.
I know and have heard of women who ejaculate and i know it feels like you are peeing as it is coming out but i feel like i am actually peeing because of the odor. It makes me extremely uncomfortable and self conscious and I am not able to fully enjoy sex. I am not able to fully participate for the fear of 'peeing' on my partner. I didn't start the squirting thing til this last year-- and during this last year is when i've had the uria problem- IS this a sign of something different going on? IS it actually possible to pee during intercourse? Do you think that this is something I can fix? PLZ help confusedinidaho

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2008
Urinary and Bladder Disorders Answer A4821
You wrote: “List of other diseases, conditions, or injuries and their treatment: Bipolar disorder, hypothyroidism, --- and my question i don't think would be considered a condition.
Current medical treatment: I take Depakote for the bipolar and levothyroxene for my thyroid and paxel for depression and phenterimene for weight loss
Question: When I orgasm during intercourse, masturbation or finger stimulation from a partner and the 'g spot' is the main area of rubbing- i orgasm and squirt out a substance--- i know there is female ejaculation but this smells like urine somewhat and has a yellowish tint-- and my partner once tasted it and it was bitter like urine. I know and have heard of women who ejaculate and i know it feels like you are peeing as it is coming out but i feel like i am actually peeing because of the odor. It makes me extremely uncomfortable and self conscious and I am not able to fully enjoy sex. I am not able to fully participate for the fear of 'peeing' on my partner. I didn't start the squirting thing til this last year-- and during this last year is when i've had the uria problem- IS this a sign of something different going on? IS it actually possible to pee during intercourse? Do you think that this is something I can fix?”
Depakote

Given the symptoms you provided,its seems that you may be experiencing urinary incontinence. Urinary incontinence is any involuntary leakage of urine. There are several types of urinary incontinence: stress incontinence, urge incontinence, functional incontinence, bedwetting, etc. Stress incontinence is due to pelvic floor muscle weakness. This condition can worsen when other muscles that support urination work involuntary, as is the case in an orgasm. Usually these muscles cannot override the strength of the pelvic floor muscles. But in certain conditions they overreact. One of these conditions might be hypersensitivity caused by Depakote as a side effect. In order to determine the real cause for urinary incontinence, you might want to consult a urologist or OBGYN.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.