Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Urinary incontinence after spinal surgery ?

Must Read
Urinary continence is loss of bladder control. What happens during this condition? And what types of bladder incontinence do doctors diagnose?...
Learn more about the many medical conditions that can cause loss of bladder control. Also, are you at risk of incontinence and losing bladder control?...
Learn the different between symptoms of incontinence vs. an overactive bladder. And know when to seek help for both medical conditions....
Hi,

I am a 51 yo female who is exibiting urinary incontinence. I have been taking Diptrophan for years but recently (May 15th) had ACDF surgery and I am having issues with urinary incontinence again. Is this possible because of cerival spinal surgery? I know it is for lumbar as I had surgery several years ago and had that problem but cervical? Is it possible?

Would love to hear back from those of you with the same issue.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
hi suz...not fun is it? i had it too after neck surgery. my incontinence subsided after 2 weeks. you are correct that incontinence from lumbar issues is more prevalent. i would check with your primary care dr should it continue....pete
|

replied October 13th, 2009
Incontinence
Thanks so much Pete. I have a Dr. appt. this Thursday with my NS and will most definately bring this up with him. It's crazy! I saw a license plate frame that said "get outta my way I've got to pee!" it was the cutest thing. I think I'll get one of those too.

Take care!
|

replied October 13th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
thats a riot. when i stop at side of road when driving i could hang a shade with those words...pete
|