Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Urinary and Bladder Symptoms progressed

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
User Profile
I had two UTIs 2yrs ago, they were treated but i still didnt feel right, felt like i had to wee but when i did little came out and i was never left feeling fully empty. Experiencing this discomfort, i went back to the doctors, she took tests and told me there was nothing wrong i just needed to retrain my bladder. I suffered from this discomfort for a yr, trying to retrain my bladder. Symptoms progressed to vaginal sensitivity, spasms and lower abdominal discomfort and i struggled to find a position comfortable to lay/sit in. Out of nowhere, it dissapeared, i still suffered with a more sensitive bladder than usual but it was a relief to be rid of the discomfort. Days ago, after a year of being free of it, it returned at the same time as my period which coincidently was what used to worsen my symptoms before. I cant put my finger on whether the symptoms stem from my bladder or vagina now, it could all just be psychological? i'm 16, there is no pain, but i can't deal with it anymore.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 17th, 2011
Urinary and Bladder Disorders Answer A18598
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am glad to help you out. Going by your symptomsurethral syndrome or urethritis has to be ruled out.It is a primarily female syndrome in which women suffer from irritative bladder symptoms (urinary frequency, urgency, burning
, and a hesitant or slowed urinary stream) in the absence of any objective urologic findings.

In this the diagnosis can be made only by the proper collections of urine specimens from both the urethra and the bladder. These specimens will reveal the presence of white blood cells in the urethral washings, while the midstream (bladder) specimen will be free of cells.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.