Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Urge to urinate even after going

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
For the past week I keep feeling the urge to urinate even after I have just been to the toilet and it's driving me mad! I constantly feel the need to urinate and then when I go to the toilet little or nothing comes out unless I wait for a while. I don't know what it is but how do I stop the feeling? PLease help me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2010
Hello,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The urinary urge that you are feeling could suggest a urine infection.
Get a urine test done after an examination by your healthcare provider/gynecologist. You will also need to rule out any issues of uncontrolled sugars responsible for the urinary urge. You might need to be put on antibiotics to control the infection and your symptoms.
Take care.

|

replied July 1st, 2010
yes I agree but I would like to place you a question<. are you always on this stimulus and how long ahve you been suffering of this? I guess it's a urinary infection and after the test u should face it immediately.
Do you have burning too?
|

replied October 6th, 2010
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. URINAL TRACT INFECTION? DIABITIES?
I have the same problem, but i am a male, i feel the urge to go the toilet but when i do nothing or litte comes out, i dont know what it is.it is akso driving me mad especially when i am at work.i do not what to do, please can anyone help also.could it be anything to with diabities, it runs in my family,could this be a early sign, also when i feel the urge, i could wait and the urge would tend to go away with a shiver at the end,then only to come back.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.