Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Upper stomach pain after eating - gallbladder

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
Over a month ago I started experiencing upper stomach pain a short time after I ate. With each passing day the pain became worse and suddenly it was hurting 24/7. Finally, it got so bad I thought I was having a heart attack and went to the doctor. He said he suspected it was my gallbladder and ordered blood work and an ultrasound of my gb. The blood work showed elevated white cell count and the us showed that I had multiple stones and my liver was enlarged. He then ordered a hida scan which showed a 31% ejection fraction. For the past couple of weeks now whenever I eat ANYTHING I am in so much pain and it will last for hours and hours. Just a couple of bites of food will do it. The doctor has put me on DICYCLOMINE and LANSOPRAZOLE. I just got the results of the hida today so the nurse said after he reviewed it they would call me back. Is there anything that can be done to treat this without surgery? I really really don't want to have surgery.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 1st, 2010
Experienced User
Re:gallbladder
Sounds like surgery will be your only option. Once the gallbladder gets full (or sometimes ever before it is full) infection can start and spread fast. My grandma went in to have surgery and the infection had gotten so bad they had to cut her open. With mine they just did it through the belly button I guess but once mine was out they realized mine was full and starting to become infected. I was told had I waited even a few more days there was risk the infection might have spread to other organs. If your liver is already enlarged there is a bigger chance it is already spreading. Antibiotics will help with some infection to get you stable enough for surgery but then I doubt there will be any other choice but to remove your gallbladder.
|
Did you find this post helpful?