Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

upper right abdominal pain during pregnancy

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I am 24, pregnant and experiencing pain between the upper right abdominal cavity and my lower rib cage area. I have already had an ultrasound of my gallbladder and it came back negative. I have also been put on nexium for possible duodenal and gastric problems, but have yet to see any results from the medication. The pain was mostly when I ate, but now is more frequent and mostly when sitting down. There is also speculation of costochondritis. Is the pain because the baby is in a bad spot or is their something the doc might have over looked.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 6th, 2008
Community Volunteer
How far a long in the pregnancy are you?

I will copy this over to the pregnancy forum too. You will get better feedback there.
|
Did you find this post helpful?