Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Upper left abdomenal pain worse when running

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have recurrent upper left abdominal pain. The pain is worse when I run. Today I raised my left leg, and as I was raising my leg, it caused a spike in pain to 9/10.
The pain is in the middle of my upper left abdomen, at approximately the apex of my kidney(just guessing). My doctor preformed a UA which came back normal (no blood in UA). Friday I am scheduled for a CT with iodine contrast. My MD has no answers for me. I am a white female, 49 years old, 5''''''''4" and 120 pounds. I run regularly and eat a vegetarian diet.

What might I have and what other tests should be performed?

Thanks in advance
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2011
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

From the description provided it seems that your pain could be due to musculoskeletal issues. Since the ultrasound has been normal, this could be the probable cause.

In the mean time, you might benefit by use of NSAIDs for relieving the pain.

You might get a definitive cause of your pain, when the CT reports are available.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.