Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Upper Back Pain When Sneezing

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
User Profile
Hi,

Hope someone on here can help with this, first of the symptoms.
For the past 2 weeks almost i have been getting pains in my upper right back right through my right side and chest. Particularly when sneezing. It started off as being a pain when moving and then started when sneezing and now it is fine most of the time until i sneeze or move a certain way. Went to the doctors almost a week ago now and the doctor diagnosed a pulled muscle and gave me 400mg Ibuprofen to take one three times a day for the next two weeks and she said if its not better after a week to go back. So the week is up this coming friday and i just wondered is it normal for a pulled muscle to take this long to heal and are there any other things it could be or any solutions to getting it to heal quicker.
Note. There is no swelling/tenderness or bruising in the area of injury.

Regards,
Martin
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile scottishmartin
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2009
Supporter
Hi Martin,

It can take quite some time for a pulled muscle to heal but I would definitely go back to her though and have her run some tests if you feel something else is going on. Most of us know our bodies and can really sense when something just isn't right. If you don't like her answers and don't feel she is taking you serious enough, get a second opinion.
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2009
Went back to the docs yesterday (different doctor from the first time) Again said pulled muscle but she said its one in the chest that is used for breathing and stuff which is why its taking soo long to heal, so i've got stronger anti inflamatory tablets and she says probably another week or so to heal.
Regards,
Martin
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2009
Supporter
Well, at least you know it isn't anything serious. Take the medication and don't lift anything heavy. Feel better soon!
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2009
yep thats what i'm trying to do hehe just annoying that its taking soo long hehe
regards,
martin
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2009
Supporter
I know what you mean. I pulled something in my hip weeks ago and it's still killing me. It takes time to heal.
|