Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

upper back and Neck pain and severe headaches

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hey all I have had upper back and neck pain since May 2012. It started with tightness in my upper back, below the shoulder blade. It would get tight every day and burn super bad. I went to therapy over summer to no avail. When I came to school my neck started getting real tight. I went to the clinic here and got stem and grastin done for two months. Then he sent me to a chiropractor for 2 months. I got adjustments and such but nothing helped. I wasted probably 800 dollars and I am a college student so I can't really afford this.
I went to my home doctor over winter break and I am on my second anti inflammatory and its not working, the past two weeks have been the worst, I have had headaches all day from when I wake up to when I go to bed. I have class and I work and right now I just can't do it anymore. My life is a struggle day in and day out. I have suffered depression before this and now I am just in a deep deep hole. I am trying another chiropractor tomorrow but I have no hope. I can barely get through my day. Let me tell you I love to workout and that was my biggest stress release. I am 6 1 at 205 lbs with 8 percent body fat. Not to brag but I am insanely fit and that is my passion. Without that it seems like I have nothing. It's not like I can complain to my friends about it and get help. They just get upset I don't like to go out anymore. I have just trapped myself in my room for the past two weeks playing video games because that is the only way I get relief. I don't know what to do anymore.
I always think about going to counseling but I can never bring myself to it. My friend died from brain cancer after two years. And I just feel guilty I guess that I am so depressed for living. I mean idk I think I'm going crazy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 22nd, 2013
Also I have taken all pain relievers and none give any help as well as muscle relaxers. Iam 20 yrs old
|

Chronic pain, depression
Please talk to a mental health professional immediately... Being depressed is a long slow spiral downward... And when combined with chronic pain... You really do feel like giving up, but don't. I recommend finding a sympathetic MD... one who will listen to all of your issues and be open to many different forms of treatments... Could college be the cause of tension headaches? Are you happy with your grades, major, relationships, roommate, etc? Could poor posture while in class, working on assignments, playing video games being contributing to muscle strain? What about your mattress and pillow? Are they supporting you? I get muscle pain that feels like a cheese grater is being run across my shoulder blades...and the cause is continually working in front of a computer... Depression is also something I have dealt with. Don't fall into the trap of listing all of the reasons you shouldn't be depressed or how many blessing you have. If you need to take anti-depressents to feel better... Who cares? better living through chemistry if it helps you get through the day. Don't feel it can't or won't get better or feel bad about yourself for not being able to tough it out...just ask for help..we all need it.
|

I think I am going to try to go to counseling at school. This is tough and I don't know why I always psych myself not to go
|

replied January 23rd, 2013
Hello Friends,
If the headache problem is regular or frequently,you should not ignore it. Consult a doctor. If he says about X -ray ,it should be done immediately. Human body is like a machine. It look very good from outside. But what about inside ?
thanks
Take care
|

replied January 24th, 2013
Good posture prevents back pain. To get rid of the pain you already have, you could get a massage.The best way to relieve back pains is to stretch or do massage trust me it will work a lot and you feel better.
|

replied September 26th, 2013
It is a sad state you are in, but the only hope that we can give you is that,one,get your posture right and second,go to a doctor and ask him to prescribe you some routine tests to rule out any complications.Maybe only then you can decide to take the next step.
|