Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

upper abdominal pain last from 5 minutes to 20?

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
i have upper abdominal pain last from 5 minutes to 20 minutes the pain is constant unbearable and it radiates round towards the back i also had a still born 4 months ago and due to depression and stress i didnt eat much after i had the stillbirth few weeks after that i started eating but didnt want to or didnt feel like eating but used to force myself to , to maintain good health but then within those few weeks i started gettin severe abdominal pain i have tried everything to get rid of it i dont like taking medicine so i use at home techniques id like to know what is going on it is really getting in the way of my normal life and i feel that i cant have a baby again seen as though am not getting through or getting rid of this pain i also get heartburn nausea headaches too and i did go to the doctors and she told me it was trapped wind but i have never had pain like this before i dont understand what is going on
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2012
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

The pain you have described appears to be in the epigastric region and upper abdominal region.

The common causes of such type of cramping or burning pain could be due to various conditions including Peptic ulcer disease, gall stones, cholecystitis, pancreatitis, hepatitis, or enteritis.

For the time being you can take Antacids like mylanta, tums, etc, and try to get some relief. In addition, Omeprazole tablets can also be taken, to reduce the acid secretion. In case the above measures help, they may indicate that you had gastritis or Gastric reflux disorder.

In case the pain is not helped , or does worsen, you may consult with your doctor for a examination and proper tests including blood tests as well as a ultrasound or a CT scan, which will help in proper diagnosis of the underlying condition.

I hope this helps.
|

replied July 14th, 2012
i think you may be suffering from gastritis or indigestion for sure. because when your gas rises up the upper abdominal pain also starts increasing. also in indigestion it keeps on paining till the digestive system is cleaned away. take Antacids it neutralizes the stomach acid and provides fast relief for pain. When antacids don't provide enough relief, medications such as cimetidine, ranitidine, nizatidine or famotidine helps to reduce the amount of acid in the stomach.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.