Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Upper abdominal pain and weight gain

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have been experiencing severe upper abdominal pain directly below my sternum. I have tried to pinpoint which foods cause it, but it seems to hurt randomly but frequently. I have also noticed weight gain and bloating. I am not sure if they are related or not. I went on birth control about a year ago and that is when the weight gain started. The hormones made me very sick. i stopped taking the pills in March, but have not noticed any weight loss (that i was told I would experience). I have always had to be weight conscience, but not like this.

I eat very healthy and VERY rarely exceed my recommended calorie intake. I try to only consume alcohol once a week, but sometimes i have a glass of wine another night or 2. I work out regularly and am 25 years old. I have never struggled this much to lose weight and it is killing me. Help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|