Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

Untreated Lung Cancer

Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
A parent of mine has been living with severe Thyroid Disease for 12 years, the disease was caught too late so they were unable to work or live a normal life. they were diagnosed with COPD 5 years ago, leaving them permantly on oxygen therapy 24/7. About 8 months ago they were diagnosed with stomach cancer and a separate cancer mass in one lung. They had surgery to remove the stomach cancer and that resulted in a large portion of the colon basically dieing and that part of the colon was removed resulting in a colostomy bag.Ever since the surgery they have been pretty much out of it, surgery was in October and she has not gotten out of bed or tried to walk. She is completely bedridden and doctors will not do anything be cause she is so under weight Chemo or Radiation could kill her. She is now in Hospice and on Morphine. Half of the time she doesn''t know what is going on or is seeing things. The hospice people tell me the cancer might have spread. But I don''t know what to do, they say why do an xray to find out the status of the cancer when they can''t do anything about it. I can not help but feel there is something I must do. I can not just let her lay there and die. Any advice would be very appreciated. Thank You
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2010
Unfortunately, I cannot be of much help to you, as I do not have access either to your mother's medical records nor to her. I would suggest that you speak with her Oncologist, and ask that doctor to try and help you with these questions and concerns.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lung Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.