Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Untreated hiv

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
How long can a person expect to live/show serious signs of immunodeficiency if they don't take treatments? Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2009
Community Volunteer
It is different for every single person.Some people go years...decades even and never get sick..other people get sick within weeks or months.It all depends on the person,that is why early detection and treatment are so vital.
|

replied March 25th, 2009
what kind of sick?
can you give me some example?
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2009
Community Volunteer
diarrhea, bad night sweats,weight loss, no appetite, vomiting,exhausted and tired...chills....it goes on and on...
|

replied December 11th, 2011
Untreated HIV more then 5 years.
I will say that after 5 years of being diagnoised, I am untreated, and completely healthy. I eat lots of garlic, and other HIV killing herbs, and well when I was diagnoised 5 years ago I had a VL of 52,000, and a CD4 of 392, and how 5 years later I have a VL of 13,000, and a CD4 of 589. I have experienced no sickness, and actually I use to get the flu every year, and stay sick all winter long, but since infection, I've not been sick once... So its actually made me healthier, so to speak. I dont recommend not taking treatment at this point, although I have read some studies that show that if a person doesnt get sick without treatment, then theres not a reason to start treatment. I am a living testimony of that research. God bless you and your health. Sincerely, Russell from E. Kentucky
|