Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

unprotected sex 2 weeks after giving birth

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
i have just had a baby 2wks ago and had unprotected sex last night, is it ok to take the morning after pill so soon after the birth? i havent had my first period since the birth yet,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 26th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You might want to double check that with your doctor. I don't really know if Plan B is a good idea if you're breastfeeding.
|

replied April 5th, 2009
i did check it out it was fine to take it as im not brestfeeding
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
Oh my
Aren't you still bleeding? I wouldn't think you'd be fertile so soon after having th ebaby as your uterus is still n the midst of expelling the remnants of your most recent pregnancy.
|

replied April 7th, 2009
the woman is most fertile after giving birth you have a 6 month period where many woman will fall pregnant again. Maybe be a little more careful.
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2009
Oh wow
I knew that you became more fertile after giving birth I didn't know fertility began again as soon as the baby was delivered. I didn't even get a period until 9 weeks after my son was born.
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
yeah theres no way i was having sex after 2 wks no way! I had to wait 6 wks to heal properly.

but yes you are very fertile. be careful and good luck!
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2009
yeah
Me either, I had a c-section so sex was soo not interesting. But many women I know who had vaginal delivery wanted to heal completely they said their vaginas felt and looked very different for the first couple of weeks.
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
that is true. mine isnt the same. I had a tear on one of my labia...that was actaully worse then my vagina! I had stiches inside but those healed quickly. It was the tear outside that did me in, That took forever to heal and was most uncomfortable!

If I didnt have that tear then I would have healed faster. Plus im glad I waited. Gave me time to work on my kegals..lol
|

User Profile
replied April 9th, 2009
Yeah I would think you'd want to "tighten" up before diving back in the game. The muscles that stretch aren't completely back in place for good for weeks. Even if you have a c-section the dilation of the cervix prior to the operation (if you tried natural first) will change your vagina.
|

replied April 9th, 2009
yes u can get pregnant
I know this from experience! Smile my son was born in Dec 2007 (6 wks early- hes fine now) and my husband and I had sex 21 days after he was born. I found out March 19, 2008 i was pregnant with our daughter. so now we have 2 beautiful kids - 16 month old son and 6 month old daughter. =]
|

User Profile
replied April 9th, 2009
Experienced User
Yeah it's possible. I started my period 2-3 weeks after I delivered my first daughter via-c-section. So I would have had to ovulated before I started my period. So in you case you could have ovulated already just not started your period yet. I'd call the doc about the Plan B pill though.
|

replied June 27th, 2009
my first question is what the heck are you doing having sex after 2 weeks having a kid.. all the doctors I know say you are to wait 6 weeks or 6 1/2 weeks.
|

replied June 29th, 2009
mine told me 4 - 6 wks after but i wasnt on any bc so yeah we kinda wanted 2 kids 11 months apart so yeah just not right away but we are happy and our kids are close and love to play together and she learns things from her big brother. she's 8 months and he's 18 months. its alot more tiring if u get preg. right after your 1st baby because body hasnt had time to heal. im on mirena iud since april and we dont plan to have anymore kids for 2 - 3 yrs
|

replied February 26th, 2013
Well I had a c section n waited 16 daysbc I cudn wait til day 21but my doc daid 4weeks but others say if your up for it be careful so I thought I did but someone forgot to pull out which isnt a safe method either lol
|