Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Diagnostics & Test Results Forum

Unintended rapid weight loss at 67. What tests are needed?

I am 67. For the last 1 yr I have been losing weight and becoming skinny rapidly, feeling increasingly weak. No apparent ailment - bp & blood sugar normal, normal findings in liver function test,whole abdomen usg findings mostly normal (except some prostrate & liver enlargements), no chronic coughs/colds/digestive or stomach troubles. Taking abundant quantities of vegetables in meals, but daily protein & fat intake nominal. What may be the cause of the rapid deterioration of my health and what medical tests are needed for diagnosis & treatment of the ailment?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 2nd, 2015
Dear one,if you are over 65 and losing weight you need a full medical work up to determine why that is. You need a full history/physical and routine "full labs". Don't wait please,get this diagnosed and treated. It might (I HOPE!) be as simple as hyperthyroidism but I am not a sooth sayer so see a doctor ASAP!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diagnostics & Test Results , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.