Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Unidentified bumps and inguinal hernias

User Profile
I have 2 flesh coloured bumps on the underside of my penis, about two cms from the tip. They are adjoined and approx. 2-3mm in diameter. One is spongy and the other feels like it has a very small hard bit inside. When I was a baby I had surgery to correct an inguinal hernia and so I wonder if these could possibly be scar tissue. Is it possible to upload photos on this site? Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2009
Penis Answer A6428
It is hard to identify any bumps on the skin without seeing them via a visual examination. However, the location of the bumps indicates that they are not scar tissue from an inguinal hernia. An inguinal hernia is located next to the root of the penis, instead of on the underside where you locate the bumps.

The scar tissue after surgery is located on the same place as the inguinal hernia. An inguinal hernia is a condition in which part of the intestines are out of the abdominal cavity, passing through the inguinal canal into the scrotum (the skin bag where the testicles are located).

In order to receive more detailed info, you might want to send the photos to doctor@ehealthforum.com.

You might want to visit a dermatologist to determine the true nature of the bumps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Penis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.