Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Unidentified bug bites

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
Since about August 2009 My boyfriend and I have been getting bug bites. At first we believed they were bed bugs. Months of cleaning EVERY CORNER of everything and spraying potent bug sprays, we thought the bugs were gone. We never found a nest ANYWHERE, nor did we ever find any evidence. We have only ever had 2 to 3 bites at a time, and now they are a little more random. Its only once every few weeks!! We have stopped our crazy cleaning months ago so If they were truly bed bugs than Theoretically we would be seriously infested. But what gets me the bites only match up to the bed bug. I have narrowed out that it is NOT scabies, chiggers, or dust bites. I also believe it is not flea bites I have NEVER seen a flea In my condo. I don't know if its related but at one point my dog had 3 welts on her back that were itchy but were gone the next day.. That only happened once. I'm so lost as to what to do anymore. We have been cleaning so long we don't even know what we are fighting off anymore. It just doesn't make sense how one detail can match up but nothing else can. If anyone has any idea what could be biting us please let me know what to research next!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 7th, 2010
i have the same problem. Cant find things and I get bit like 5 times in one night. I even were socks cause I didnt want more bites on my ankles and next thing you know I get bites past the socks!
|
Did you find this post helpful?