Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Nausea Forum

Unexplained Morning Nausea & or Vomiting (Page 1)

Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
I too suffer from these symptoms and have more insight that might help. I am 31 years old, and have suffered from this since I was 21 years old. I first noticed it after graduating college, moving across country and starting a new job (which required me getting up around 5 AM). I now have a job that requires me to wake at 5:00 AM, and I still experience the symptoms. Not every morning, but there seems to be different symptoms for different days. On the days that I vomit, it is usually right after my shower or as I am getting ready. I will feel fine when I wake, but after the shower I will suddenly feel a hot flash coming on. That is my first indicator, I will be vomiting. The second symptom is the excessive saliva buildup in my mouth. Like there is so much, I have to spit. Then a gag reflex starts, and I will dry heave for a few times until a white, foamy substance is thrown up. Most of the time it is just white foam, but on occasion yellow stomach bile will follow the foam. After a couple minutes on my knees, I notice the heat flash subsides and so does the nausea. I then go straight out the door to work. Then at other times I have noticed that after getting dressed for work, right as I hit the cold air going outside, I get a gag reflex and then vomit. If I have a morning that I don't vomit I will experience excessive belching. Sometimes with acidity from the stomach or just straight up heavy belching (seems to come from nowhere. Just like this morning I had a cup of water and uncontrollably belched all day.

My girlfriend did some searching today and found out that there is a newer syndrome called Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, which is starting to get some attention. I read many of these posts and it seems even youngsters are susceptible to this as well. CVS is thought to coincide with chronic marijuana use. I don't however totally agree with that. The study complete used a very low number of subjects, and they only used chronic marijuana users with the symptoms. So, there were no non-users used in the study that suffered the same symptoms. I remember talking with my mother about the symptoms, and she expressed that when she was in her childhood, that she would experience the same nausea and vomiting prior to school. So, early in the morning and not a marijuana user (never at all, trust me). Although, I use marijuana to medicate, I feel like that is not the cause of the problem. As I do not smoke prior to the vomiting; however after I have an episode I may take a puff and it does help to make the nausea feeling subside. One thing that i noticed throughout everyone's posts is that it happens in the morning, we are male, usually young adults or children, may or may not be a marijuana user, have stressful jobs or lives (i.e. school or work) or tend to have a "worried" thought in our heads at the time, a shower is usually involved prior to or after the episodes, doesn't seem to matter what we did or didn't eat the night before (it happens with a full or empty stomach), and doesn't seem to happen on weekends.

It seems to me that it possibly might be a prognosis that is new or just never really discussed. Many men of the past, never went to doctors or talked about what ails them. These days we can hit the web like now to discuss and help find answers. It possibly might be a type of medical diagnosis. I think the marijuana aspect brings up a good curiosity factor (I have spoke with two women that experience the same problems; one is not a marijuana user and the other is), but I highly doubt the children experiencing this are marijuana users. I really do think that it is related to stress, as the "wave" of symptoms are similar to some symptoms of a panic attack.
It is a sudden, overwhelming sensation when it happens. These symptoms started years prior to me being placed on an anti-depressant (Wellbutrin XL). I did not notice a decrease in the events, but when the dosage was increased, the occurrence of the symptoms were more frequent. When I spoke to the doctor, she said that nausea and vomiting can be side-effects of anti-depressants. Once my dosage was reduced again, the symptoms did not happen near as frequently.

Confused as hell, but maybe we are getting somewhere.
Not to freak anyone out but early morning nausea did point to one of the symptoms of brain cancer, along with abdominal pain. Check that aspect out too.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper thecamper
|
Users who thank thecamper for this post: Thomas66 

replied August 10th, 2010
hi there. Ive been looking around everywhere for someone who has the same symptoms as me, and finally you are the closest thing to it. I am a 21 year old female and i have been having the same problem for about two years now. i wake up in the mornings and while im getting ready i get really nauseas and run to the bathroom to throw up and after i feel fine for the most part. and sometimes i wake up because i feel nauseas. I have been wondering if it was just a stress induced because i find it is worst on the mornings i dread work. I havent really found anything about marijuana use over the last while of me doing research but i can tell you I do smoke it everyday and i started about two years ago. ( so learning about cvs right now and it may having something to do with chronic use makes me personally think that it could definitely be an aid in my morning nausea because the time line from when i started to smoke and when i started to experience these symptoms all fits.)
I am going to look into it more and go to the doctors next week. but this is the closest start on an idea of what might be wrong with me.
|

replied June 30th, 2012
Im a 16 almost 17 year old Marijuana smoker and i have just recently started to notice myself every once ina while before school and ussually feel fine to go to school after throwing up about 2 times. I have abdominal pains and ive just started coughing alot almost like im choking on the nastiest white flem ever. I also have noticed lately i know i need to eat but just cant seem to get any food into me which makes me feel more sick.

Also i smoke batch bowls if anyone knows what i mean i sprinkle a bit of tobacco in every bong toke which is probably really bad considering its unfiltered etc. I also smoke excessive amounts being a stoner that is all me and my friends do ive had mutiple ounce seshes(smoking an ounce in 1 sitting) and feel like if im not high im not normal cause alot of my time in the last 2-3 years was spent high. I Smoke 3-5 grams a day on average.

I also have a theory that since i cant sleep unless im high when i fall asleep super baked and wake up sober it messes with your brain cemistry and whatnot when u awake.

Just found this looks like this might be it.

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome.
|

replied December 14th, 2010
marijuana use and morning vomiting. male
Thank for the helpfull post. 28 years male, marijuana smoker. i have been having the same thing over the last 2 weeks. i wake up normal, 10-20 minutes later i start gagging and tvomiting, usualy saliva (whitefoam) and mucus... yuk!

my doctors thinks i have GERD and has put me on these pill called Tacta. i have not really noticed any difference since i started takin the medication. 2 weeks now. alot of post on the interest seem to point to marijuana as one of the causes... am going to stop smoking today and see my situation improves. some of my friends say they suffered episodes like these in their lives, usually during a stressful period.
|

replied August 10th, 2011
This is outrageous how exact your symptoms are to what I had
I have to tell you guys that I had the EXACT same symptoms as "the camper" explained! Morning shower wave of nausea, vomiting, foam, and bile - EXACTLY. It was about 7-8 years ago. I had a lot of free floating anxiety at the time, but I think all of these problems are really one problem, including the cause of the anxiety. I later started getting muscle twitches all over my body, like electric pulses where you could watch the skin actually twitch. I smoked MJ once in a while in college, but that would have been like 4 years earlier than this started.

During this time I also began having a great deal of difficulty falling asleep at night. I was taking up to 2 benadryl per night and it still wasn't knocking me out. I think the lack of sleep started to make me have OCD like symptoms as well.

I went to doctors and they ran tests and could never find anything wrong. I was having foamy urine also at this time which has never been explained to me, no results on a 24 hour urine collection.

About 2-3 years after this started I began having frequent diarrhea and went to see a GI who at first couldn't find anything. Then I had diarrhea so bad I went to the ER and was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, which I still suffer with. The vomiting has never returned. My GI found some gastritis and the appearance of "active ulcerative colitis" involving the entire large intestine (pancolitis). I have no family history of ulcerative colitis, by the way, and I am a smoker which is supposed to make it less likely to have colitis.

Right now I am going to see a doctor after 5 years with colitis because I think I have a b12 deficiency and am having anal leakage after eating which has me looking into possible gallbladder/liver/bile dysfunction, which is the reason I stumbled on this post. Anyone with more information on the cause of this please email me at "t.durden" on aol.

PS Couple other factors to see if they match: I had to obtain an MMR vaccination for college about 1 year before this started, and about 3 years prior I had a BAD case of mono.
|

replied December 29th, 2011
I have symptoms almost exactly like the camper and the rest of you. it all started around 19/20 years old when i was away at college. I began smoking marijuana around the same time too. Im not sure if i started smoking more to feel better or if possibly smoking is making me sick. i have noticed that being a reoccuring theme here. Im 29 years old now , use mary jane regularly and still wake up nauseous in the a.m. I can usually fight off vomiting if I grab water or drink milk preferably instant breakfast, something thick with body. The vomiting usually starts because i have to clear a lot of phlem from my throat, I start a very cautious cough so as not to start a vomiting sesion, almost every morning or if I feel nausous I have to put off brushing my teeth until I feel better , or otherwise that will trigger a puke session. I have post nasal drip a lot and do get sinus infections ocasionally once a year or once every two years but take antibotics when perscribed and it clears up but I never feel better with my nasuia. I feel like some bodily fluid is constantly draining into my stomach. I don't vomit that much anymore but sometimes two days in a row. If i had to guess probably about 3-4 times a month. i have gone to gastro doctors , I was diagnosed with GERD, proscribed aciphex , then went to prilosec when my insurance changed. I tried the other meds too but they cramped my stomach up so bad I wanted to kill the doctor for presribing it to me. I currently do not take anymore stomach MEDS bc i just dont trust pills , it seems 5 years after a pill comes out it causes a diffent problems. I do belch quite a lot and love ginger ale because it seems to sooth my stomach and helps me belch up the indigestion I get from time to time. I dont eat tums because I feel they help lead to my stomach emptying slower. I am a little overwieight but have lost over 50 lbs and had the same affects so weight loss did not help. iI hope this helps some people out there. I dont have any cures to reccomend but it has gotten better over time.
|

replied January 12th, 2012
unexplained morning vomiting in males
my husband, who is 31yrs old, has been having similar symptoms the past 2yrs, after eating breakfast (or sometimes just after a morning beverage, e.g. hot drink of tea or coffee or juice or a milkshake) and usually only once he had had his first morning cigarette.

In our late teens early to twenties we were regular MJ smokers and weekend binge drinkers and amphetamine users. This has not been the case for the past 3-4yrs, but of course may form some the basis of internal stomach damage or organ deficiencies. Note that I have never had these symptoms.

His symptoms
- He does not wake up feeling nauseas nor does he get the hot flushes before being sick.
- He simply starts to feel the build up of mucus in his mouth and knows he is going to be sick. He'll dry heave a few times (usually enough to allow to get him to a bathroom) and then throws up the food or drink he has eaten.
- Note that he has also had this occur having not eaten breakfast or a morning beverage, but we've tracked that in most of those cases he's eaten very late the night before.
- It only ever occurs after he has had a cigarette. The days he'll try and go without a smoke until late morning or lunch, it does not happen.

My hypothesis is that my husband suffers from anxiety as he's regularly worried about work and money. He's a pack a day smoker and whilst is not, and has never been, an every day drinker he'll still binge drink about once per week.

I think that with anxiety, coupled with the fact he has a week stomach, when he has that first cigarette in the morning, (a stimulant), it increases his heart rate and induces the vomiting.

I'm not a Dr however so of course his sypmtoms could be related to a stomach ulcer, internal stomach damage or organ deficiencies as mentioned above. It's now at the point that I'm going to force him to see his Dr and see whether they can provide a prognosis.

Hope this has been helpful and maybe provided some aditional possibilities as to your own prognosis.
|

replied January 20th, 2012
Please let me provide a very important clue: Try going gluten free. Also, please research the history of the hybridization and genetic modification of Wheat, and read the book "Wheat Belly" by William Davis, M.D.

Also, for self-disclosure purposes, I developed Ulcerative Colitis about 1 year after the symptoms discussed in this thread began.

You can thank me later for not just being some random, useless google search result.
|

replied January 30th, 2012
*UNEXPLAINED VOMITING*YELLOW BILE**MARIJUANA USERS READ THIS*
wow i really do have the same symptoms as all of described here....I am 26 male weigh 170.. im really starting to think its the medical cannabis that is making me throw up yellow bile...i did smoke marijuana in my teen years and it never happened...started smoking around 17 an only smoked for a year or two..after not smoking marijuana for 6 years i did it again..but this time i was a heavy marijuana smoker...I started to notice i began to throw up yellow bile.. nasty tasting...ugghhh...so i used to smoke to get rid of the pain...and the pain will go away...I would go a couple of days being fine and again it happened and feel very bad...and like everyone usually in the morning...so i talked to my parents and told them my situation...my dad came with a very interesting reason why this was happening..my dad commented that in mexico when a heavy marijuana user smokes chronically he is believed to get "THE MALA" meaning the "THE BAD" in English....same symptoms with the yellow bile throwing up and all that..basically it means that continuous smoking of the marijuana is making your stomach upset..it might not happen daily but it comes and goes(at least to me)...honestly at first i thought it was one of those old myths stories your grandma used to tell you about if your bad and blah blah blah..so i thought that was what my dad was doing to me...steer me away from smoking marijuana...so months passed and i kept on smoking and again it will happen.. felling sick and throwing up..and what was I doing to feel better??? smoke because it will make the pain go away...well at one point i was outside throwing up and was about to smoke to make me feel better but then i thought of the story my dad had told me ...so what did i do?...i didnt smoke that day or the next..or the next..as the months passed the pain NEVER came back...i had stopped smoking completely for 2 years..in recent months i had been stressed out..i dont drink so alcohol was not an option for me..so i decided to smoke again...and guess what 2 months into smoking i started again with the symptoms.....i know i am not a doctor or anything close to that but common sense is too much of anything can be bad..i was doing that.. not even noticing that..it was a never ending cycle..i would smoke... feel nasty ..smoke to feel good ..then next day feel nasty...u get the pattern .so if u are a marijuana user...try to stop for a couple of months and see if there is any progress...I CAN GUARANTEE that it will stop... (at least im talking about the people that smoke cannabis)...as for me im stopping again and for good this time ...i like marijuana but not enough to go through this with events like this...I HOPE THAT THIS WAS USEFUL AND HELPS EVERYONE !!!!!
|

User Profile
replied October 12th, 2013
Maybe you smoked ganja that had fertilizer or pesticides on it.
Sanjay Gupta just did an hour special on CNN, called "WEEDS". There are NO adverse side effects from smoking cannabis. You cannot even overdose on it. Being hungry is about the worst thing, although if it is exceptional, and a person has never smoked, they could get a bit paranoid, until they realize, there is no reason to be.
I smoked for decades, and after a drunk driver caused me to get a 4 level cervical fusion, I was left in severe, chronic pain. I found a very gifted osteopath, who worked on my spasms, and he signed me up for a medical marijuana card. I do not smoke though because I want to be kind to my lungs.
Instead, I use a vaporizer, usually in the evenings or closer to bedtime. If I am having a flare-up, then I will also "partake". Right after my surgery, I was in Kadian (morphine, oxycontin, lyrica, neurontin, flexoril, for years! MMJ, is so much safer for me)

Every fall, I get sinus problems as that is my seasonal allergy time.
When I go for a bike ride, I noticed that if I increase the intensity, (like a hill)I get dizzy and I feel like I am going to gag. Today, I came in from the ride, which went well. I was going to take a shower, but I spent 10 minutes puking up white foamy-flem, stuff. My ears are plugged, so I know that in my case, it is sinus-related, causing my equilibrium to be off, thus the gagging and foamy-flem.
Once I get this dried up, I am positive it will go away. If it does not, I will come back and tell you I was wrong. Then I will go to the doctor.

No matter what, I absolutely do not agree, that it is because I vape about a tbsp of ganja a day. That is a very small amount, because with a vaporizer, you need less and it is more pure. Butane is terrible for your lungs.
I also know mine is not contaminated with fertilizers or pesticides. Those, can make you very sick, and growers use them all the time. All they care about it selling it. Not all are concerned with the quality. That is paramount with me.
|

replied February 21st, 2012
@Ih8colitis

I eat Gluten Free and do not eat dairy either, also stay away from caffeine, and have the same symptoms as the others listed here. I do Bikram Yoga and exercise daily, have a wonderful low stress job that allows me to work from my house. Personal life is also perfect and low stress. There doesn't seem to be a reason for me other than marijuana smoking, which I do partake in.

I think @mjnta has proved enough, I'll try not smoking for some time and see if it helps. I am fortunate however, that this happens to only a couple times a month, versus a couple times a week.

Thread was helpful! Thank you!
|

replied February 29th, 2012
My vomiting of bile most mornings sounds like everyone else here. I drink a martini and two glasses of red wine with dinner then smoke marijuana before bed to sleep.
We use a vaporizer that never burns the weed, but now I wonder if it could be the marijuana or alcohol. I hate to give up either, but taking pills daily or vomiting most mornings is not fun. Anyone else using a vaporizer and still having issues? There is almost no stress in my life.
|

replied July 18th, 2013
I am a 21 year old female marijuana smoker that has only recently started experiencing these symptoms that most of you are describing. I only smoke hash and hash oils out of a well-percolated oil rig (phire legacy's) or concentrate vaporizer (g-pens, cloud, dtfo pens, etc). Hash oil is already much cleaner than burning weed and has a much higher THC concentration per mass, so yes, I get very high very fast and I don't cough or feel any other negative side effects.

I'm going through a stressful time right now, and the heat of the summer just hit, so I thought that these factors were the cause of my problem. After reading everyone's posts though, I'm not so sure. My boyfriend has been smoking since he was 14. Now 25, he has been experiencing the same problems for a while, but attributed it to what he believes is a stomach ulcer. Again, I do not think this is the case.

I've noticed that fizzy drinks help settle my stomach long enough for things to work themselves out, but avoiding the morning nausea completely has been a task. Only if I smoke enough to still essentially be high when I wake up, or if I don't smoke at all and have gone the entire previous day without any discomfort. Along with all of the other symptoms everyone's been describing, I've also noticed a severe shift in my dietary preferences. I actually want to eat vegetables or fruits, things without overpowering taste and usually pretty high water content.

My symptoms seemed to increase in frequency and severity when I moved back home a few days ago, perhaps from the stress, perhaps because of the fact that I've gone from essentially smoking an eighth or more of marijuana daily (just in hash form) to less than 1/5th of that amount (essentially 1/40 O) daily. It's f***in with me bad.

Instead of trying to soothe my symptoms when I get sick, I usually ride them out, forcing myself to vomit when I feel nauseous for more than a few minutes, trying to get whatever is in me, out. I let my symptoms go for about 4 hours today just to see if it would run it's course. I drank water when I felt thirsty and went to the bathroom as much as I felt I needed..prayed to the porcelain god a bit and finally, I FINALLY got hungry. 5 1/2 hours after waking up, I finally had an appetite, but only for a few bites of something quick, then right back to fluids for me :/ until I actually felt hungry again.

I'm refusing to smoke until I go at least 3 days without feeling this way, and after that I'll revert to my initial smoking habits...Maybe a gram or two a day of bud, or .1 in hash oil...but probably no more than.

Obviously my problem isn't solved yet, but the best advice I can give you guys for what seems to make me most comfortable during the day is to stay relatively active, don't go to bed high unless you've smoked enough to basically MAKE you lie down, DRINK WARM-HOT LIQUIDS! THIS SPEEDS UP DIGESTION AND HELPS GET THINGS THROUGH YOUR SYSTEM FASTER!! COLD DRINKS SLOW IT DOWN.

I put that in caps for good reason Razz this has been the most helpful. For when I didn't wanna puke one day, I had a bottle of ginger ale next to my bed for when I woke up, sipped that til I felt fine to start walking, made myself some CAFFEINE FREE tea, went to the bathroom, then walked around my apartment a bit sipping on it. I didn't vomit, almost instantly developed an appetite, hadn't smoked the night before...

It's a partial hypothesis of mine that marijuana simply slows down so much of your bodily functions, that chronic (lol) users experience slower digestion as well, which, if you think about it, makes sense Surprised Potheads are usually more sedentary people than not, when you aren't active you already slow down, then it slows you down even more than normal sedentary humans. This is AWESOME in a survival situation if you don't have access to food and your body is basically hibernating anyway...not so good when you live in normal society. I've literally been living off of 300-700 calories daily and tons of fluid, feeling fully energized and all, except for my morning nausea. On days that I didn't try to move much anyway, took things very slowly..I was fine.

So guys, whether our bodies are freaking out when we get stressed because we're so used to being chill, we're going through some kind of withdrawal when we're not high, OR our digestion has just been slowed down to almost nothing...or some crappy combination of all that...you can probably fix it by not smoking anymore, or severely limiting how much you smoke or at least the frequency.

If you're not cool with either option then keep tokin it up, but learn to listen to your body and you can fight through the symptoms or make them subside quicker. Eventually your body can get used to it, I'm sure...but if it takes everyone around 2 years to develop these symptoms after smoking, well, imagine how long it would take you to get used to them :<
|

replied May 15th, 2012
im 19 female, i smoke weed everyday for just over a year now, never really thrown up as much as i have this year but this morning i threw up white foam and bile, normally i throw up and im fine but today i throw up feel alright for a bit then i get the same reaction as 'thecamper' and throw up again, im sipping water but doesnt help with the pain
|

replied May 30th, 2012
I am a 19 yr old female, around December I began waking up with an upset tummy, following in vomiting foamy fluid and occasionally bile. I would say it happens weekly, most often 3-4 times a week I wake up feeling this way. I have gone to the dr numerous times and end up with promethoziene(a nausea med), sometimes I take it and I feel better but I've noticed that most of the time I throw the pill up before it starts working. I have gotten ct scans and they showed a small ulcer on my liver, and prescribed me a few things, but it still happens all the time. I do smoke marijuana on a daily basis, I have well before December(bout 2 yrs). I never thought that that would be what makes me sick. I do not feel sick after consumption of ms.maryjane, so I feel a little skeptical about saying that's what causes my horrible mornings. I've tried not eating alot before bed, drinking water throughout the night, snacks before bed, my nausea medication ect. But it seems my body just picks days to throwup this foam, and days I wake up fine. I often wake up because of feeling sick, and it sticks around for about 4 hours. If any of you have stopped smoking to see if that was the case, was it successful? What have you tried that does help, if anything?! This sucks, we all know it and I hope we can all get better!
|

replied July 6th, 2013
I am 25 year old female. I do not smoke anything. This has happened to me for at least the past 15 years on occasion. Whenever my schedule changes (starting school after a lazy summer, new job) for about a week and half I wake up and throw up yellow bile and foam. I've tried Pepto, but throw it up before it starts to work. Sometimes the nausea wakes me, other times it comes once I start moving to get dressed. Its usually accompanied with a headache that feels like heavy pressure. The ONLY solutions I have come up with are to go back to sleep, puke it out, or get caffeine before I start throwing up (once I start, there's no going back except for sleeping). I've tried eating before bed, drinking water, etc. and the only consistent thing is whether or not I got the amount of sleep I'm used to. I don't think its anxiety because if I have something important to do and I get up early, the adrenaline keeps me from getting sick. Its the strangest thing.
|

replied June 20th, 2012
I too have these symptoms, I was diagnosed with GERD about 6 years ago, and ever since then I have had an intolerance to alcohol and very rich foods, such as takeaway pizzas and curries. I started smoking MJ almost a year and a half ago and since then things havent necessarily worsened but at the moment I have been vomiting bile and foam for 8 days and have the most intense nausea, which, as mjnta correctly stated, is helped by MJ but I think is failing to concretely stop it. My 2 flatmates smoke most days with me and neither of them suffer from any sort of stomach condition.
|

replied February 14th, 2013
I'm 15 years old and i experience the same things every single morning. It's not necessarily right when I wake up, but a lot of the time as I'm getting ready and after I've showered . I've talked to my doctor about it and he said its just stomach acidity . My therapist told me its anxiety. I'm not sure what it is but it hurts and I can't control it in the morning, so much comes up . I have never heard of CVS but I'm gonna check it out. Every morning when I start to feel sick, I roll a joint and smoke it. It brings down the nausea to the point where it doesn't really bother me anymore. What should I do! I sometimes see a little bit of blood in the foam, and once in a while the yellow bile comes along after.
|

replied March 27th, 2013
I started my menstral onr morning before school and had cramping which i thought was normal till 2nd period. I was 17 when this started. I then started a very violent and excessive vimitting of blood and bile. I was admitted after 12 hours of vomitting-even after about 10 different types of iv medicine including zofran which is a cancer medicine and still didnt help. For 9 months after that, no pregnancy, cat scans, gallbladder checks, x-rays, you name it nothing shos, i have been admitted about 6/7 times now exactly a month to the day of the morning i start my menstal at around 7 a.m to 9p.m ill vomitt blood and bile with extreme lower abdominal pain, pouring sweat but freezing for 5min after an episode of vomitting ill have combolsions, confusion, agitation, BAD NAUSEA and terrible almost unwalkable lower back pain, with the feeling of alnost passing out. It scares my mom to see me like that. I do have gastritis but the medication does not help. Im also now on birthcontrol to try and stop my cycle but still waking up every morning nauseas, urgent bathroom visits and fatigue from loss of sleep. Its almost like as soon as the sun is up im sick, until about noon ill feel okay. I do smoke when i start feeling nauseas and its been the only thing to yelp except sometimes the mint from brushing your teeth helps. Drs in my town are idiots and do nothing litterally. They try to tell me canabanoid hypermisis syndrome too but how? When its the only thing that seens to help or work.
|

replied April 10th, 2013
solution to vomitting?
My son had the same thing e very morning around 4-6 he would wake up and vomit white foam and then went back to bed ( he's 3) I noticed a big difference taking soy out of his diet comletly because he had an overload of estrogen in his system ( the white foam)
|

replied April 10th, 2013
My son had the same thing e very morning around 4-6 he would wake up and vomit white foam and then went back to bed ( he's 3) I noticed a big difference taking soy out of his diet comletly because he had an overload of estrogen in his system ( the white foam)
|

replied June 23rd, 2013
I'm a 21 year old female who has smoked pot for like a year and a half and I wake up EVERY morning feeling this way. Stomach pain, very very extreme vomiting and I feel like I'm in hell. Plz someone help me. The only thing that makes me feel better is smoking and I only do it now when I'm sick in the morning. I don't know what to do.
|

replied July 18th, 2013
Hey, we're in the same boat!! I started smoking around this time two years ago. You don't have to read my earlier post but best advice, start limiting how much you smoke, drink hot liquids (at least with meals), and or go to the doctor and get pumped full of saline to help adjust your body back to normal. Don't do any other drugs, drink alcohol, or do anything your body is obviously telling you not to. Weed isn't bad, but when you use it as often as actually potheads do, it leads to these problems. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid_h yperemesis_syndrome#Clinical_presentation
|

replied July 6th, 2013
vomiting
I have the same issue, the only thing i think that can be tagged possibly to mine was i had a marine battery explode while i was inside the boat and was stuck in there for atleast 4 minutes. Ever since that happened ive been very sick. I throw up everymorning and sometimes during the day.
|

replied July 9th, 2013
Have had this issue off and on. Many times it has to do with binge eating late the night before, or is triggered by a sensitive gag reflex while brushing your teeth etc. Doing these things can force this reaction for me.

If that is NOT the case,and I hadn't eaten, then it will be lots of mucus and saliva.

I think it has to do with the amount of drainage into your stomach. The body lines your throat and airway passages with mucus to fight the nasty resins and plant material you're smoking that buildup there. You generate more than normal, and it creates an imbalance which needs corrected.

Expelling the excess is your body's way to maintain the status quo. Combine that with an already sensitive stomach and anxiety, ptsd and the behavioral cycle has begun Sad

My best guess anyway.
|

replied July 21st, 2013
I decided to go see the doctor about this and she told me it is pretty much that excess mucus that causes the upset stomach if nothing else...so you vomit, sweat, poo, and pee it out. Whichever comes first.
|
12 >>