Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Unexplained Digestive Problems/Hemmorhoids

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
For the past 5 to 10 years I have suffered from unexplained digestion problems. I am a single 24 year old male and have never been able to seek professional help for this problem due to lack of health insurance and embarrassment, however these problems have had severe effects on my mental health and general quality of life.
To start with, almost everything I eat gives me mild to severe gas. I have taken steps such as drinking more water and attempting to eat more balanced and scheduled meals which has slightly helped the problem. The gas is usually the worst in the morning and tends to be worse when I eat specific meals (although I am not sure which) and when I have been drinking alcohol. Even when I do not eat I tend to get gas from an empty stomach.
I also have hemorrhoids and the area around my anus is constantly itchy, especially right before a bowel movement. My bowel movements are very random and I am frequently constipated. My stools range from diarrhea to very hard to pass small stools; usually they are floating and sticky. I have to use wet wipes otherwise I irritate my hemorrhoids to the point of bleeding and my skin becomes very tender and painful to the touch. I also tend to scratch at night which causes the area to be painful in the morning and afternoon. I have tried to use prep-h to heal the hemorrhoids but it didn't help very much.
I have tried to research this problem and so many different gastrointestinal diseases and allergies come up that I do not know where to start and get overwhelmed. I am just looking for any insight as to what is causing this and what can be done to fix it. If you need any more information please let me know and I will provide it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 9th, 2017
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. You have constipation predominant Irritable bowel syndrome likely and you need diet lifestyle adjustments. Visit our IBS help center and try amitriptyline and see if it helps.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.