Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Unexplained chest pain and tightness

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
I'm a 30 yr old male and for the past month I've had constant chest pain and tightness. The pain has spread into my neck and lower jaw. I sometimes get sharp and blinding pains that shoot into my shoulders. I've also have pain in both arms. I have gone to the hosipital 4 times since this started and all 4 times I've had EKG's, blood tests and x-ray's and they have all come back normal. I don't know what is wrong with me and every day is hell living with this pain, not knowing what is causing it. It has me paranoid. Can someone please help me. Side note, I do not have insurance right now so I can't afford doctor's visits.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2012
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

At a young age of 30 years, it is less likely, that you may have conditions related to cardiac disorders like angina.

Since the tests like Xray, EKG, and blood tests have been normal, it is most likely that your pain could be due to restrictive lung disease, musculoskeletal conditions like fibromyositis, or fibromyalgia.

You can try over the counter pain medications for the time being. Once your insurance issues have been sorted out, you can consult with your primary care physician, who can prescribe you better prescription medications (antidepressents, duloxetine, or gabapentin) which will help to control your symptoms.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.