Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Fibromyalgia Forum

unexplained bruising

Must Read
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the body. Learn the basic facts about fibromylagia and how doctors define this syndrome here....
Are people diagnosed with fibromyalgia born with a lower tolerance for pain? Are you at more or less risk of fibromyalgia? More info and causes and risk here....
Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be mistaken for other conditions. Can you identify common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?...
Hello, I am 46 years old with fibromyalgia. I am having some serious problems with bruising? I am not sure where this is supposed to be posted. Whenever I use my arms/hands i.e. chopping food/veggies, nothing strenuous, I end up with black and blue marks from the top of my wrists to about an inch below my elbow on both arms. They have not been hit, bumped or crushed. If I basically do nothing for a few days they go away, but as soon as I do anything even just replanting a plant, the bruises appear. Any thoughts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Im hoping some of the girls can come and help you. id suggest talking to mominashoe about ITP---she had it as a child and i think that she can help you with this--good luck--and if you need any thing let me know
|

replied April 26th, 2008
Thank you, It is getting worse, I am going to call the doc on monday and see what he says, I have not been on any new meds, nothing in my routine has changed. and today it was worse with just sweeping the floor. I bumped my arm today, it bled only for aminute and then clotted really quick. did not even run down my arm or anything.
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
ok well if its really bad dont hesitate to get in sooner. the doc should have an emergency number listed on his answering maching. let me know how it goes. and keep me updated and if you need anyting let me know
|

replied April 26th, 2008
thank you at first I thought this was just a waste of time, thank y ou for answering
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
no p roblem----sometimes it takes a while for someone to respond----its been quiet the past couple of days----in the forums i mod i try to get to every new post every day----im just on vacation right now and im on rather sporadically---if you need anything dont hesitate to pop me a pm ok?
|

replied April 26th, 2008
thanks, I did talk to my aunt today, she has a condition where they have to take a pint of blood every three weeks, because she has too much iron, but she said she did not have any symptoms and the only reason she bruises is she is on Coumadin and she is a diabetic. (she is in her early 70's)
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
perhaps this is a genetic condition. i think that if you try to limit your iron perhaps it will be ok---but if its from buildup in your system i dont think that would help.---you arent on coumadin so i dont think that is your problem. do get in to the doctors. the sooner you find out what it is the sooner you can treat it and be better ok?
|

replied April 27th, 2008
I will, I am going to call on Monday for an early appt. I am schedule to go in on the 5th. But with this I am going to try and get in early
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
good--if they give you any flack be persistant and say that you need to get in today.
|

replied December 7th, 2008
Treating the Bruises
This can't cure the underlining cause but this product called BruiseMD can definitely help lessen the bruising that occurs for you. I take the tablets because I get injured a often playing soccer and it works great for me. I'd say my bruises heal twice as fast as they did before I found it. BruiseMD is also made of natural ingredients so it is non-toxic. I also take it prior to games and it seems to help reduce the number of bruises I get (I'm not kidding). Hope this helps Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
doenst explain the cause of the brusing though--these are comming up as a result of minor bumps etc. there is something else going on here

as this is an old post im hoping that the op can come on and tell us how things are going for her now
|

true, but maybe it will alleviate this aspect of the problem.
|

the bruising
As soon as I stopped taking the anti-inflammatories the bruising stopped. Thanks everyone for their help. Gloria
|

replied December 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Are you taking anything for your fibro currently?
|
Quick Reply