Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Undiagnosed bump on cervix/upper vaginal wall

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
A couple weeks ago I noticed a bump/nodule approximately one finger length inside my vagina - I believe it's on the cervix, since it's on a hard smoother area further inside. It's on one side and is hard, like the tip of an eraser, but smaller (1/2 cm?). I went to the doc and she couldn't feel it - however, she sent me for an ultrasound (pelvic & internal) which came back normal - normal cervix, etc. I thought it may be a harmless nabothian cyst; however, she couldn't find it/feel it!! My husband did feel it, so I know I'm not imagining things. I'm going in for a follow-up, but question is: Can nabothian cysts be hard to see on inspection for a doc sometimes? Is there any other way to diagnose what it could be since the ultrasound came back clear? How long do they typically last & do they change rapidly (so if she still can't find anything, I can monitor it myself)? Is cancer a possibility if the ultrasound came back clear? I have no pain and no other symptoms. Thanks in advance for any help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 3rd, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?