Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Underactive Thyroid and fast heart rate??

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
My question is Is it possible to have an Underactive Thyroid, But also have Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia. The reason Im asking is because over the past couple of months I have had extremely fast heart rates and finally the dr Diagnosed it as Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia, But also had the Thyroid tested....well thinking that it would be overactive as it would suggest due to the fast heart rate, it was not I had an underactive thyroid???? Strange thing is I had the thyroid tested before and Nothing showed up, and it was just a few months ago when it was tested. I am just curious to what would cause the fast heart rate???? I did not think It was common with the thyroid being underactive
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 1st, 2011
Thyroid & possible Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia
i hope someone answers this .. I have an Undractive Thyroid & fast heart rate too!!? maybe I have Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia ?? IDK? thanks.. Have you been able to resolve these health issues?.. seems like its been a while since youve posted & I am currently miserable w/ all kinds of symtems aroud my throat & head etc Sad.. hope your well & could use a friends that doesnt think Im overreacting .. ~Spence
|

replied August 30th, 2012
You are not overreacting. I have IST AND low cortisone. Go see an endocrinologist AND an ELECTROcardiologist.
|