Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Under jaw pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
For the past two days, I had this pain in my neck off to the right side (from the back of the jaw bone, about an inch in towards the chin and about an inch down) It doesnt hurt when i swallow talk, or cough. It only bothers me when i look downward to the right and press that spot, and the pain is pretty noticable (same feeling as being punched in the arm really hard, then the next day touching it or bumping it.) Its very annoying but it has only been 2 days, I dont know if i its because i yelled like 2 days ago really loud because i was trying to talk to my mom and she was upstairs with the vacuum on or what, but just wanted to know if it sounded serious enough to go to the hospital / DR.

...Sorry if this was a dumb question Rolling Eyes
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 20th, 2009
It's not dumb
A few months ago I had swelling close to the same place and it got really bad one side of my face got huge, I was referred to hospital where I spent a week they put me on a drip with anti biotics pain killers and water, I haven't had all the results yet I have to go back on the 8th month this year, It was an infection so if you feel swelling, As mine was painful under pressure too, Visit you're doctor I did and she referred me to the hospital instantly, I hope this helps x
|

replied June 4th, 2009
pain under chin and foot with fever and chills
My husband has been having the same under chin pain for the past week with evening chills. Initially it appeared as a muscle pull when shouted or yawned in an awkward position. Dr. gave him antibiotic (Erythromycin) and claritin. The pain is gone there but has started on his foot between the little finger and the heel. Today he has light fever too. Any leads of what this might be? The symptoms are weird..
|

replied May 26th, 2011
I have the exact same pain. Reading that about the hospitalization really scared me!! If you find out what was wrong, please message me. My husband told me I might have an infection in the gland and that it'll go away on its own. But if you have any advise please email me! I don't come on here often.
|

replied October 7th, 2011
Jaw Ache
I have the exact same problem as you guys, but it hurts when I swallow as well. I have noticed my gum is very tender by where my wisdom teeth are and very sore to touch. Its around about that area where my jaw is hurting. I have noticed a small lump when I touch the under part of my jaw on the outside. After reading about hospitalisation , i'm quite worried about going to the doctors, if anyone has been having the same pain as me please help me!
|