Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Uncontrollable Anger

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
For as long as I can remember I have had outbreaks at times of uncontrollable anger. From ages 1-10 this resulting in me violently attacking other people at school. Now that I have matured and become quite broad and muscular I am worried that with this anger I would end up doing damage to someone and in allot of trouble.

I am 16 and now I get angry if I get shouted at by a teacher however now it is only threats and not violence. I 'loose the plot'when someone startles me. This has always and still and still does happen now.
An example of one of my times kicking off was this year a teacher put her arm out to stop me and I saw red and threatened to kill her and said some other quite violent things. All threats of violence.

Another time I have kicked of was when I was fighting my friend. After the fight I could not remember anything that had happened during the fight but I could remember the first punch and getting pulled off, but after the fight I was still angry and couldn't control my breathing pattern and felt like hitting everything and everyone around me. If ever I got mad I used to hit a solid object near me but I have had to stop this now due to dislocating my finger 6 times in the space of a month.

I'm just wondering what my problem could be? I currently have anger management sessions but he doesn't know what it is, he was only put there to calm me in heated situations and I have my first meeting with my Psychiatrist. I have been put on the mental health for teenagers service.

My anger management suspects it could be due to being born deaf or my girlfriend dieing a few years ago.

Many Thanks,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 20th, 2009
luke get your testosterone levels checked. To feel normal and proper your levels need to be between 700 and 800. Testosterone does not cause anger. It makes your much smarter and easier to handle stress. Get your blood work done asap, ask your doctor how you can get your levels up to 700 and 800. If your levels do not fit in this range and your doctor says its normal. Tell him to shove it. Because below that is NOT normal.
|

replied November 19th, 2011
Nahshun, can you please tell me, why you think it has to be 700 to 800, also for teenagers. I am concerned for my son, I have not got him tested yet, but if he is low in testosterone, and it's from the pituatary, do they give him testosterone or other hormones to mimic the brain sending signals?
|

replied November 19th, 2011
Luke, did you get your testosterone checked, was that tne problem, or what was it?
|