Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

unable to have Bowel Movements

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
It started when I had my 5th abdomial surgery (2 C-Sections, 3 for hysterectomy) since then my bowels have been abnormal. As I get older it gets worse. I can go 3 weeks without having one. I tried everything...Fiber of all kinds...laxatives...and enemas. For instance, I took a laxative pm, and yesterday am. They had no effect on me. Gave myself and enema...and it helped some. Then took 2 laxatives last night and today nothing.
I feel bloated and have some pain on the left side of my abdoman. I feel Nausea at times and always miserable.

please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You really need to see your doctor about this rather than self-treat. This could be a symptom of a more serious problem, maybe something related to the surgery. Plus, long-term use of laxatives can actually make the problem worse.

Go see your doctor ASAP.
|
Did you find this post helpful?