Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

Unable to fully open mouth

I am 28, 17 days back when i got up i found that i can’t open my mouth fully something stiffs my right jaw but it got okay within an hour..
But the next day it occurred again..from that day till now i can’t open my mouth fully...
My dentist says that its due to tensed muscle..so he recommended me some muscle relaxion tablets (Zix MR)...for the first 4 days i was able to open my mouth fully only in the morning and whenever i open my mouth i heard a click sound while opening and closing(which goes lighter on the fourth day)...but after two three times it again got stucks..Than my dentist suggests me some another tablet (Mayotop 150mg) and told me to give some rest to the mouth (do not try to open fully for some days)..i did this...after that but its not opening even in the morning now…

I have got this problem many times before also for the last 4-5 years but it used to gets okay on its own within few minutes. This used to happen when I yawn or opens my mouth fully (I guess). In April 2009 I got my wisdom tooth removed (right side lower jaw). After extraction this problems never occurred (till Now ) even if I yawn or tries to open my mouth fully.

I got this problem more in winter season than in summer seasons. There is no swelling no pain in my jaw..no problem while eating also..but I can open my mouth fully..and if I try I found stretch in my right jaw..and if I try beyond that it hurts a lot..i feel pain in my ear…I hav even gone to ENT also for ear checkup…he again suggested me some MR tablets.

I thought it may be TMJ but my dentist denies this…

I am getting fed up of this… when it will get okay…
Whats the cause for this….

Plz Help…..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 11th, 2010
Same Problem
Hi,
I have the same problem. Please tell me if this problem has ny adverse effect in long term. Also is the problem life long. If not then how was it cured.

Thanks
|

replied April 11th, 2010
Same Problem
Hi,
I have the same problem. Please tell me if this problem has ny adverse effect in long term. Also is the problem life long. If not then how was it cured.

Thanks
|

replied April 12th, 2010
I have the same problem I know it's TMJ if there is clicking in the joint then more than liky that what it is.... you lucky you don't have the pain the comes with it though unfortunately mine has pain but I'd get it taken care of asap before otters worse I'd visit another dentist for a second opinion
|

replied April 12th, 2010
I also feel pain when I try to open my mouth sometimes
|

replied May 7th, 2010
oh! I am also suffering from this.Pl tell me if any cure is available for it.
|

replied June 28th, 2012
I think I may have a similar problem, if not the same. But the confusing part, i'm 15. I don't know if I can have TMJ (hopefully not) or what. I'm thinking it might just be stress. Yesterday was a particularly stressful day, having to evacuate my home because of fire danger. I'm thinking that it's probably me stressed out and the muscles in my jaw are acting strange. Another bit of info, I tend to clench my teeth a lot of times. Might have an affect.
|

replied October 11th, 2012
for mouth not opening
my uncle is dentist
he suggested a lot's of people for open mouth easily who eat supari ,gutka and etc

first : apne haath ki 2 unglita apne mouth me daalo aur usko 10 min tak dhale rakho aur fir mouth open karne ki koshish karo ( 7-10 days)
after that : you can try with 3 finger or 4 finger
if you able

and one thing remember never eat supari , gutka etc
take some healthy food
like tomato , anar , kheera
|

replied August 11th, 2013
please dont eat tobacco.
dear friends ghutkha,pan masala,cigrate shuru shuru me kafhi accha lagta hai but dhire dhire ye aap k health ko effect karne lagta hai,like mouth thik se na khul pana,saans lene me taklif hona etc,plz plz plz stop eating tobacco,i m raj and i also suffering from this stage thats why i told,due to eating gutkha i was not able to open my mouth properly only one little finger i can inserted in the mouth,my friend suggest me to stop eating gutkha and try to insert 2 finger at least,now after 4 month i can insert 2 finger in my mouth and now i m trying to insert 3 finger.

dear friend life is precious dont spoiled its..
|