Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Unable to cum

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
hi there i having problems with cummin with my girl friend its happen a few times like last nite i got really horny got a hard on no problem then we went to bed and i could nt cum i please my girl friend but i was stil hard . now is it to do with the fact we been having sex since wednesday last week non stop but i had been cumin in these days wednesday 3 times thursday once then saturday after noon once and early hours of sunday morning i started having this problem since sunday monday time i booked a appointment to see my doc bout is it worth me goin to see him bout it just dont know wat to do cos i love my girl friend to bits and i m scared of lossing her if this is a problem.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2009
Sexual Health - Men Answer A6897
This situation is more common than you would expect. Several of my male patients have reported being able to maintain an erection throughout sex but not being able to reach orgasm. It would be a good idea to keep your medical doctor appointment to ensure that nothing is wrong medically. Here are a few questions for you to consider:
Are you able to masturbate and orgasm? How long does it ususally take for you to reach orgasm when you are by yourself?
Are you taking any new medications, supplements, or were you drinking alcohol or using any types of recereational drugs? (All of these can cause delayed or difficulty reaching orgasm)

From what you are describing, this issue ahs only been going on for a few days and that you were able to cum during all of the sexual encounters prior to Sunday. If this is the case, it seems that this may have been an isolated incident and does not appear that there is a medical explanation for what you are experiencing.

From a psychological/relationship point of view, you appear to be in a healthy sexual relationship and I am wondering why you would think you would lose your girlfriend over this incident. You mentioned that you pleased her sexually when you were not able to reach orgasm, which sounds like you really care for her. How did she react to your inabilty to cum? Did she make an issue of it or was this something that was personal/embarrassing/upsetting to you? Attempt to relax during your next sexual encounter with her--it is likely that if you focus on not reaching orgasm than you will in fact do just that. Enjoy the experience of being with your girlfriend; if nothing medically is an issue, it is likely you will return to your normal functioning.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.