Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Unable to Be Happy

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
Hi everyone,
I am new on here. I am 22. I have been diagnosed with severe depression and a bipolar disorder plus hypothyroidism. All this adds up to me being unable to be at peace physically ever.
Im stuck I am in a touch-wood simple loving relationship which was previously an abusive one. its so hard to explain he left me for an year i never stopped loving him he was going to marry someone else. In that period of loving him and being single i screwed up kissed a married guy when i was drunk. made out with a good buddy who broke my trust and clicked a picture.
Now me and my guy are back we dont talk about the past but it keeps irritating me. PLease someone help me get over the past. I feel so guilty for what i have done when i was single plus the shame of tht picture. but my guy will never accept it we are better off without it coming between us. I did tell him abit about it but he reacted so badly.
I love him. Is it ok to move on now without hiding anything hence forth.
I m so messed up depressed.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 30th, 2012
Experienced User
Bipolar or not, the past is the past. We all make mistakes in life. Forgive yourself and LET IT GO. Try to use this as a learning tool. The buddy who took the picture is not so cool in my book. Guilt is a terrible thing and serves no purpose.
Yes, it is okay to move on. Actually, it is the best thing. Stop torturing yourself. Just stop!
|
Did you find this post helpful?