Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

umbilical hernia complications, large lump, pain...ER?

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
I had an umbilical hernia repair a week and a half ago. I am experiencing extreme pain in my lower right side, pain shooting down my right leg and at the incision site. At the top of the incision, there is a lump that I can only describe as looking like an A cup breast. Doctors offices are closed and called on call number. They told me might want to visit ER. Do you think that is necessary?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 26th, 2012
How are you now? Did you find out what is going on? I had umbilical hernia repair surgery (the second one in the same place) May 24th. I had had it schedule for the next week, but it didn't want to wait. Now I am having a bit of pain also and am a little bit worried.
|
Did you find this post helpful?