Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gout Forum

UASure Blood Uric Acid Test Kit

Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....
Does anybody use this device to monitor their uric acid levels?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Anonymous
|

replied December 20th, 2008
UASure
I just got one. I will post results here soon
|

replied December 31st, 2008
Can you post results
Can you post the results of your testing with the UASure?

Thanks,
|

replied February 6th, 2009
UAsure
Hi All
I am anonymous above ^. I have used the monitor four times so far.
I have not been able to compare results with lab. derived ones yet.
I am on 600mg Allopurinol each morning and got the following results from the UAsure taken about two weeks apart.
4.1, "low", 5.1, 4.0.
All readings at around 17:00 GMT for consistancy.
It would be great to see a comparasin with some lab. results.
I would be happy with those figures. I didn't know anything about actual levels before this. My doctor told me over the years that my levels were "sky high" so I don't know the actual levels.
I have been on the Allo. for about eight months now. I went through hell and seem to be coming out into the clear now. Hope it lasts.
My lumpy knuckles are all gone.
Best of luck to all you soul mates out there.
|

replied March 2nd, 2009
Can you buy it in the US? Aprox. cost?
Sure would be nice to be able to monitor it at home and cut back on meds when it is low. Our insurance deductible is $2,500. so it's all out of pocket anyway.
|

replied March 2nd, 2009
charliehorse,

you "went thru hell" because the Allo caused multiple attacks due to the lower UA?
|

replied March 2nd, 2009
UAsure etc
Hi ejackson
Yeah, apcoach, The crystals give you hell on the way out again, I understand. The low UA levels in the blood allow the crystals to dissolve back into the blood. Proper blood Ph level helps this process too. The protein coat on the crystals gets shed so they can cause trouble again. The idea is to flush them out by drinking loads of water. The process can take a long time. It took half a lifetime to put the crystals in there in the first place so its going to take time to reverse that.
I use allpurinol to lower the UA and baking soda to keep the blood ph alkaline.
I don't know how long the process will take.
This info is what I understand from my own research so don't take it as gospel.
|

replied September 20th, 2011
Flares during Allopurinal usage as UA levels drop.
Kind of late for you, but My Rheumatologist prescribes Colchicine/Colcrys along with the Allopurinal to handle the flares. It's nasty stuff, but it works.
|

replied June 11th, 2009
Hi all
I purchased a uasure for my mom who is on diurectis and as a result has gotton gout. She is in her 80's and was put on allpronol several weeks ago. Unfortuantely the attacks were very bad. I beleive the Allproinol triggered them. After much thought she/we decided to
stop taking the medication. We started treating her with more distilled water, celery and cherry juice tablets. I understand one must be careful if on warifin and celery seed buth then they say the seeds are ok. All is a hard call. Mom is also a type 2 diabetic and has A fib.
She went in the hospital uith a ua reading of 11.4 now being home one week it is 7.3 I have not compared the uasure with lab results but I bet it is pretty accurate. I ordered it on line from a place in England who had great service and it was fedexed. I beleive it was about 140. dollars. The name was mentorhealthcare. You need to order strips as well. I think ebay has them to. It's a relief to have it for they don't sell them here in NY. Hope this helps any one contemplating a buy or a treatment.
|

replied June 12th, 2009
Experienced User
Your mom's experience with allopurinol is not unusual. Allopurinol reduces the concentration of uric acid in the blood, which causes the rupture of the protective sheath that covers previously formed urate crystals in joint fluid, exposing the urate crystals to the immune system's sensors that initiate a gout attack. That's why allopurinol should be started at a low dose, and gradually increased to a full dose. Unfortunately, most doctors who prescribe allopurinol don't follow that procedure. After six to twelve months usage, allopurinol can be very effective in preventing further gout attacks. In its initial usage, allopurinol can actually stimulate gout attacks.
|

replied June 25th, 2009
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? I tried the mentorhealth that was mentioned, but it seems to be in India or Indonesia and requires some registration which I can't figure out. I'd love to get one of these.

Thanks!
|

replied July 28th, 2009
Gout
Your posts are very helful. For awhile I had been having these pains and did not know what they were coming from. I recently found out it was gout. All I have been doing is researching and trying to stop the pain from happening. The doctor put me on allo 100mg and that of course triggered an attack. I have small attacks in my feet and large ones in my left knee and elbow from time to time. I reaaly need to watch what I eat, but looking at the list of foods, I do not really eat foods high in purines. My mother told me about cherries and black cherry juice. I want to go to a higher dose of allo. Think it will help???
|

replied September 28th, 2009
UASURE -works for us
Started using the UASURE soon after posting here and it has been very helpful in tracking the level and letting us decrease his allopurinol dose. He now takes it twice a week, 75mg ec time to maintain a level below 7.
|

replied August 27th, 2010
GOUTICIN
What is gouticin?
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Quick Reply