Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Two-Toned Skin?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I'm 25, and as far back as I can remember, I've had two-toned skin on both of my legs. I'm not talking about splotches or tan lines. I mean that on the insides of my legs, running from my knees down to ankles, I have a rather obvious line that separates light and dark skin. The skin gradually turns from light olive to tanned olive skin as it wraps around my leg--with the two ends meeting up like a seam running down the insides of my legs. The smooth color change thankfully isn't noticeable unless you see the seam. I've got seven siblings; I've asked them all, and none of them have this issue. Does anyone else have this going on? I mean, it seems like a rather strange birthmark.... (I would post a pic of it, but I can't seem to get it to photograph well.) Has anyone else heard of this? I'd love any ideas or opinions on what it might be. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 22nd, 2009
I never could understand this problem, but I have had it all my life as well. It runs down the side of both arms and down the back of both legs. The strangest thing is that the starting point is on my sternum and the lines shoot out in semi-circles to my shoulders. Then down the arms. I guess there is a medical explanation, but it sure looks weird. I used to joke that we are people who were kidnapped by aliens and had our skin ripped opened for some funky examination. Still looking for answers.
|

replied December 3rd, 2009
my grandson has this as well. Has it ever caused any other health problems. He has been having seizures and doctors seem to think it may be related. He is 20 months.Any advice will be appreciated
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2011
I have this same exact skin condition! I am a white female, Blonde hair, Green eyes, age 26 and have had these 2 toned skin colors separated by a distinct line my whole life. I have this on both my arms and both my legs and the tanner I get the more obvious it is. The lines that separates the two skin colors on my legs starts at my perineum and goes down the insides of my legs to my ankles. The lines on my arms start at my collar bone and travel down the inside of my arm to my wrists. The lines are identical to each other on my arms and my legs. Personally I think it looks kind of cool and it makes me unique from everyone else. I like to say I have 2 sides to me or I am a mutant. LOL! If anyone knows of a medical term for this condition let me know.
|

replied April 11th, 2012
two tone skin prblem
im 19 yr,my face colour is in two toned and i have many whiteheads,and my eyes area is so sensetive,and i hve wrienkles.plz gve some sugesstion
|

replied April 24th, 2014
I have the exact same issue from my knee to my ankle on the backs of both legs. I would post a picture, but I'm not sure how.
|

replied May 4th, 2014
Experienced User
Two toned skin of hand due to tan any herbal way to remove tan.
|

replied June 28th, 2014
I'm African American..but the stripe down the backs of both legs is ligh/dark...from mid-thigh down it's like someone took a ruler and and colored my legs with two diff brown crayons. I'm 40 and had it since I was a child. ..when I wear shorts or skirts in the summer guaranteed I get asked, "why are your legs two different colors? I like it actually. .I always say its my birthmark...? Be great to know the reason. ..obviously its some kind of pigment issue?..
|