Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Two menstrual periods in two weeks

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Two weeks ago I had my regular menstrual period the following week I began to feel nauseous and weak. At the end of the night I vomited. The following days I continued to feel sick and begin having sharp abdomial pains that lasted about two or three days. About two nights ago I began to bleed again and seem to be having another menstrual period. I am still bleeding today.Three weeks prior to this I had sexual intercourse. Should I be worried and what should I do? Is it possible that I could've been pregnant?

F.Y.I.: I was also on ortho tri-cyclen lo birth control but I kept missing serveral days of dosages. I have taken the pill in about a week.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ably1
|

replied May 3rd, 2009
Get thee to an ER
From what you have described, it sounds like you possibly have (or had) an eptopic pregnancy, which can be life-threatening.

It is possible that you did have a "normal" period becuase the fetus was not large enough, or in the right location, to produce sufficient hormones to tell your body that you are pregnant.

Then, by the time another week had gone by, the fetus was big enough to start damaging your fallopian tubes. This is why you felt like hell and started to have abdominal pains. The most recent bleed could be from one of two things - your body has expelled the fetus on its own and you are experiencing another period, or b) (more likely) your fallopian tube has ruptured and you are losing blood from the damaged tube. The only way to tell which one has happened is to go to an ER.

DO NOT WAIT to see your doctor tomorrow. This is urgent and potentially deadly. You could die from immediate blood loss or from severe infection in a few days.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that you get the medical attention that you need right away. Don't fret about the costs. I am in earnest about the urgency of your situation.

When you have recovered, consider doubling up on your birth control. Especially if you are not in the daily habit of taking your pill at the same time every day. Even when taken according to directions, every method has a failure rate. If you add on condoms, NuvaRing, Depo Provera, gel, foam or anything else, you add an extra layer of protection from pregnancy. By the way "withdrawal" is not on the list. 85% of people who use this method become pregnant every year and are freely passing along STD's without concern for their partners' health, particularly the unmarried ones.

I personally use three methods all the time, and one of them is ALWAYS a condom, because I am cautious about whatever unknown disease we are passing around these days.

Now, turn off the computer and get a ride to the ER - don't drive in case you pass out or can't concentrate on driving!
|

replied May 3rd, 2009
I meant to say I have not taken my birth control in about a week and I forgot to mention that along with the sharp abdominal pains I was also having diarrhea
|

replied May 7th, 2009
I have also had my period twice in 2weeks. i did take a plan B pill about 48 hours after sex. I had no side effets until about 8 days later, when my period started again. it was stated that spotting could accrue, after taking the plan B pill but I would not call it spotting because it seemed more like my menstrual cycle and lasted for about 5 says, I also had bad cramps.
I just wanted to know if this was common after taking a plan B pill, because my friends are saying it is not.
Reply if you know.thanks
|

replied June 29th, 2010
Having my period twice within two weeks from taking Plan B
The Same thing is happening to me. I took plan B and for the most part could not tell of any side affects. Its been a little over a week and I just started my period for the 2nd time in two weeks. I was expecting spotting, especially because I had lost my virginity prior to taking to the plan B, but I was not expecting to have my period again. It is not as heavy as it usually is when I am on my period but its definitely not light spotting, I also have cramps. Is this normal?
|

replied September 30th, 2010
two periods within two weeks
I have not been on pcp since April.. I have had normal menstrual cycles. I had my last period last Thursday a week ago. I stopped Tue or Wed and now today have a full blown period starting. What does this mean? I did have an atopic pregnancy 20 years ago but do know the feelings of horrible cramps and did rush to emergency and my fallopian tubes were saved. However, I do not have any cramps at all just normal sluggish feeling and moodiness I get when I get my period. What does this mean from your expertise?
|

replied May 13th, 2011
I Have my period on the 29th of everymonth, I had intercourse with my partner on the 11th of this month and then on the 12th i started having cramps in my stomach then started spotting but then it got really heavy and had clotting im now on my second day of heavy bleeding, i am not on the pill as my partner and i are trying for a baby.
Any suggestions on what this could be???
thanks
|

replied May 8th, 2012
That could be from the sex. Sex usually helps loosen the cervix and it will help you have your period sooner. My ob-gyn told me that having sex will help me loosen up for child birth.
|

replied May 3rd, 2012
having menstrual longer then usual
i usually have my period for 5 days.heavy for 3 days and on the last 2 days i bleed light.but when the 5 days passed im still bleeding.i bleed heavy for 6 days.im bleeding light now.11 days has passed now.what should i do?im worried that something is wrong
|

replied March 31st, 2013
I got my period again for the second time within a week. I am not getting any cramps, but am feeling a little bloated. I am on the IUD. I am wondering if I could be pregnant....Let me know what you think.
|

replied July 21st, 2013
I had my period twice less than a week in one month it came on the 14th of june and went off on the 18th and it came back on the 24th-28th my ovulation days and my app says im 3 weeks pregnant am ii really pregnant do i need to call a doctor
|