Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Two day period followed by brown discharge?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
My cycles are spot on every 29 days. I can be very stressed out and my period will start on the 29th day. I went off bcps in Feb 2009. My husband and I stopped using condoms in March 2012 with the idea we weren't avoiding pregnancy anymore. This last cycle we actively tried to get pregnant, having sex a few days before, the day of and a few days after I ovulated. A few days after my breasts became so sore it was painful to even touch them. They also grew. I asked DH if I was imagining things and he said they had grown. Typically my breasts do swell before my period, but not so much that I can't fit my bras. I was very moody and emotional, more so than usual. My period ended up being a day late. It also stopped after two days of what I would consider a medium flow. The first few days after my period stopped, I had a light, brown discharge when I wiped. It's been about six days since the last day of my "period" and I still see the brown discharge at least once a day when I wipe. I've taken two pregnancy tests and both came back negative. I also had a full work up done in June 2012 and was told everything looked good, and I should have no problems getting pregnant. Any thoughts?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Jennfur2610
|

replied September 20th, 2012
I am having the sme issue, when you find out could you please post back. I feel your frustration, I wish I had some answers.
|

replied September 21st, 2012
It turns out I'm pregnant. I talked to my OBGYN about this during my first appointment and he thought this could have been implantation bleeding, or just a really short period. He also said it's ok to have an irregular period once and a while too.
|

replied September 21st, 2012
Well CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Such exciting news. Unfortunately I don't think I am, I started saturday and ended Monday and today I have discharge with slight blood. I just took a test but it said no. So I'm guessing I will try next month!!!
|