Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Twitching Nerves (?) all over my head

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I'm at least hoping this is anxiety based. Around 3 years ago, when I was still in high school, I started taking a medicine called Provigil for my sleeping disorder. I continued taking it for about a year and a half - about 8 months into it I realized my cheek would twitch every now and then (like a nerve is having a spasm or something). Eventually, this spread to my elbows, then under my thighs. Very rarely my eye lids will even twitch.

I've quite taking Provigil March 10th, 2010 - so I've been off it for over a year. Now, in the last few month my scalp will twitch several times a day in several different places. The top of my head right before my ears, my temples, the general top of my head, as I was writing this I even got one on the left side of side of the bridge of my nose (which is actually a first), etc. Most of the time it feels like it's just my scalp, other times I'll scare myself into thinking my brain twitched. On top of this I've been getting sharp pains in either temping for short bursts (3 - 20 seconds) that are progressively getting more painful.

I don't know if it's drug related or not. Like I said, it's been over a year for the Provigil. I used to be a very heavy pot smoker (almost daily April 2010 - January 2011), but I've quite and have no plans/desire to start back up. I am prescribed Xanax for the panic attacks I've been having since February. - Anyway, I've had the head twitches for a couple months now. The temple pain for about a week. I'm hoping this is stress related because I've only been having the twitches this bad since I've been getting panic attacks (which is from an unknown cause), on top of that I'm stressed because I was laid off in March. I don't mean to ramble, just trying to get as much information across as I can. Thank you for any help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 14th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?