Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

tumor or aneurysm ?

Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....
User Profile
Ok well I went to the hospital early Wednesday morning (November 5).
They gave me a CT scan of my brain.
I left the hospital around 630am.
3 hours later, the ER doctor called me at home and wanted me to come back.
He said he thought he saw something peculiar on my CT scan, in the area of my pituitary gland. Possibly that a tumor or aneurysm was pushing on where my optical nerves criss-cross.
SO, I went back to the ER. The neurologist on site said he did not think it was anything in my head, that it was likely my eyes that were the problem. So he sent me to the eye institute. The doctors over there ruled out anything related to my eyes.
SO, I have no idea what the problem is at this point.
My regular doctor has set me up to have 2 MRI's done on my brain-one with contrast, the other without, on Wednesday.
Updates to follow.

*FULL POSTS at http://ehealthforum.com/health/blurred-vis ion-dizziness-migraine-t158397.html*

Edit:
The ocular pain I have been experiencing is very similar to brain freeze.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2010
As I am not involved in your care, and as I do not have access to your medical records, it is impossible for me to provide more information than the doctors who are personally evaluating you.

Hopefully, your MRI results will offer you and your doctors some reassuring news.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied November 14th, 2010
Experienced User
I had exactly the same thing.....slight vision loss and blurriness. Field vision tests were equivocal, so they sent me for a CT scan with contrast. Within a few days I was in getting an MRI to R/O aneurysm and malignancy. Came back as an adenoma.....2.5 cm by 4.5cm.

Surgery scheduled for December 8.

Best of luck with your tests! It's usually nothing major.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.