Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Tumor on foot

I went to the foot doctor on monday 8-9-10 with what I thought was a "bone spur". well they done so-rays and found out it was defiantly a tumor. I have to wait until friday 8-13-10 I was wonder how they can tell from xrays if it was benign or malignant. The foot doctor refereed my tumor as looking and the size of a "cauliflower." It is so big that it is pushing my ring and pinkie toe away from my other toes. Please help im worried sick. Im only 20 years old and I have 2 kids. Oh and some more information both my grandpas died from cancer one from lung and one from prostate. The only with lung his dad and all 4 brothers died from cancer in the lung and lymphode and now my father has lymphode cancer. Im worried sick!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2010
I can certainly understand why you are feeling concerned. However, it is very unlikely that plain x-rays of your foot will be able to determine if this growth is benign or malignant. Therefore, some kind of a biopsy will have to be performed in order to obtain a diagnosis.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.