Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

trying to get pregnant while on depo

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
hello mi name is kanisha and im on depo not by choice but.i was wondering what should i do because im trying to concieve i been on depo this is my second shot what should i do???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 13th, 2011
If you are on depo but not by choice then maybe you should consider the reason you may have been put on depo. Was it a health issue or an age issue. Whatever the reason perhaps it is not a good idea to get pregnant at this time. Good Luck
|

User Profile
replied October 13th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Kanisha,

You are probably not going to get pregnant on Depo-Provera. It is designed to prevent pregnancy, at a 99.7% effective rate.

So, it is kind of a moot point trying, you will not get pregnant while on the birth control.

Like enough4me stated, maybe you need to understand why you are on the Depo-Provera in the first place.

Good luck.
|
Tags: pregnant
Quick Reply