Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Troubled pronunciation

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
I have recently been suffering from pronunciation problems. In a sentence I have tremendous difficulty saying some words. I have to argue the word out in my mind for a while before I get it right.

Is this because of my schizophrenia and if, how bad is it going to get?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Could it be anxiety? Do you notice this all the time or just in specific situations? Is it like a mental block or more of a stutter? The words you have trouble with, are they the same ones all the time or is it just words in general?

You should talk to your doctor about this. It could be part of your schizophrenia, but it could also be some side-effect of your medication (you are taking medication, right?). Give the doctor a call and ask if you should come in.
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2009
Supporter
I remember you stating that you weren't on any medication from your last post. I'm not a doctor, just a supporter on this site, but I would think it has something to do with your condition. It also could be anxiety like MyrahU mentioned. Anxiety can do a lot of strange things to your body. When I get really stressed my tongue swells and my speech slurs. It makes it difficult being a teacher. You should definitely make a trip to the doctor and to make it easier on yourself, make a list of everything that is bothering you and show it to the doctor.
|
Quick Reply