Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

treatment with Cipralex (Page 1)

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Hello everyone,

For the past 2 years or so, my life has been complete crap. I haven't been in school, I haven't worked, I basically haven't done anything too productive. My depression and anxiety used to be really bad, I didn't want to go to school because I couldn't handle it. I used to work, but ever since my depression started I never looked for a job because I just felt very uncomfortable about working. I was a sales rep in a store so I had to have social skills and talk to people and everything used to be fine.

I'm finally starting to get my life on track. I can't believe my depression has caused me to waste so much time of my life. The mental effects from the depression cause me to gain some physical effects too such as always being tired, irritated, unconfident, etc. Maybe I should have seeked treatment a long time ago because since then its just been a downward spiral and all the hospital visits and doctor visits and prescriptions have just made me feel even more depressed and ashamed of myself.

Recently I have been taking 40mg Prozac and it was working out pretty well. There were no side effects which was great but recently I had been feeling very restless on it. I would wake up earlier than usual and my heart would feel like its just beating so fast to the point where I need to get up and do something. If I were to sit or lay down, i'd feel sick so I'd need to be walking around or talking to someone or anything like that. I would also have to take it in the mornings and it would make me feel really sick in my stomach.

My doctor switched me to Cipralex 20mg because he said it would work better since I can take it at night and it will help me sleep better as well as combat my depression.

Has anyone had any good experiences with Cipralex?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper patici
|

replied March 12th, 2009
Cipralex
I have been on Cipralex 20mg for the past year and it has changed my life completely for the better. I was very much like you - wasted many years of my life battling depression and being put on various different drugs which did nothing for me other than make me feel worse about myself. Cipralex really has cleared my mind and lifted the depression. I have no side-effects, sleep well, wake up calm, and my confidence has returned and I am able to function normally. I wish you all the best and hope it does the same for you! Jessica
|

replied June 23rd, 2011
I started with Cipralax 10 mg in November, 2010 due to depression. My problem was that I was getting up early in the morning and used to pace up and down with thoughts of torment mainly. Of course, I was lonely but then I never felt so bad earlier.Initially, for about a month, the medication had no impact and I was rather reluctant to continue. Yet, the effect started getting root and my sleep was better and prolonged in the mornings.Today, I am better and in fact have done things which I was dreading to do earlier. I think that this medicine has positive impact to control anxiety and fear.And this control manifests in increasing initiative to do things which we otherwise would fear to do. My main issue is the grogginess in the morning which goes away with some extra effort.Overall, I feel better and more ready for life.
|

replied June 23rd, 2011
Cipralax and Sleep
I started with Cipralax 10 mg in November, 2010 due to depression. My problem was that I was getting up early in the morning and used to pace up and down with thoughts of torment mainly. Of course, I was lonely but then I never felt so bad earlier.Initially, for about a month, the medication had no impact and I was rather reluctant to continue. Yet, the effect started getting root and my sleep was better and prolonged in the mornings.Today, I am better and in fact have done things which I was dreading to do earlier. I think that this medicine has positive impact to control anxiety and fear.And this control manifests in increasing initiative to do things which we otherwise would fear to do. My main issue is the grogginess in the morning which goes away with some extra effort.Overall, I feel better and more ready for life.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied April 3rd, 2009
cipralex
I can only agree with Jessuca. Cipralex has made an enormous difference in my life. I've been on it for just over a month now: I'm able to relax around people where before I constantly nervous and edgy around them. I find myself able to look people in the eye whereas before this was very hard for me. I've VERY VERy introspective and am constantly analysing myself and others. I find Cipralex helps to not retreat into myself as easily. It calms me down, helps me keep things in focus. What a help!
|

replied April 19th, 2009
Cipralex
I've been taking 20mg of Cipralex for 3 and a half years now and have no side effects whatsoever. I still feel my emotions which is important for me as I don't want to deaden my feelings, rather just not be overwhelmed and debilitated by them. I am naturally a very anxious person and find that with Cipralex and therapy my anxiety levels are down and if I do have any particularly worrying periods in my life the anxiety is manageable and doesn't go on indefinitely. Hope it helps you too.
|

replied May 16th, 2009
Cipralex 30 mg for 5 years
It's the very best anti-depressant I've ever taken. Been coping with depression all my life and it's wonderful to be free of symptoms.
|

replied July 2nd, 2009
hi out there. My doctor recently switched me to this drug also after being on paxil for a few years. Paxil left me feeling horrid should i miss a dose. I'm curious if anyone feels that it may be better to take cipralex in the evening versus morning as I have been finding that I feel very very tired since switching meds. Thanks for any input on this, dianna.
|

replied September 1st, 2012
Hi
I was on paxil for 3 years and i switched to cipralex...I was allright on paxil but i gained too much.
For now, i think i sleep too much... cuz of cipralex. Tired all the time and fighting it.
|

replied July 9th, 2009
I am just starting Cipralex. I have a tendency of having side effects if there are any, and it doesn't take much for meds to knock me out. My doctor knows this and he told me that I need to take it right before bed. This tells me that I would be too tired if I took it in the morning. You should try switching times and see if that helps. I really hope this works as well form me as it has to all else on here.
|

replied November 12th, 2009
sleep and side effects
I have recently been prescribed cipralex off my gp and I'm very nervous about taking it, I have taken prozac before and that made me feel terrible - I lost almost a stone in weight and couldn't sleep at all. I would just like to know can you get to sleep okay whilst taking cipralex?
|

replied November 26th, 2009
in my experience with these drugs, i was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder 4 months ago although i had depressive and anxiety symptoms since a very long time. I was initialy prescribed paroxtine from my psychiatrist which cause me terrible restlessness and agitation which caused the doc to change it to cipralex. this medication worked perfectly well with improving my sleep pattern and reducing my negative thinking about life. Well, since 2 weeks or so i started to have some restless symptoms and some decrease in sleep although im not fearing any thing right now and im still on my old dose of the drug which is 20 mg.
|

replied January 1st, 2010
Cipralex
i have been taking cipralex now for two months and after initial side effects - they truly worked - my doctor has told me it is wise for me to take them for upto six months and I have agreed.
|

replied February 25th, 2010
I just started taking Cipralex. I'm on day three now, and I can't stop fidgeting or moving some part of my body.. be it my hands, feet, head, etc. I'm extremely restless. How long does this normally last?

Thanks,
Vi.
|

replied October 28th, 2012
Cipralex 20mg is a good one for me
Hey all, cipralex 10mg and 20mg and those even on higher doses, this medication really screws around with you body and mind for the first 2 to 4 weeks before it's strats doing good favors for you symptoms. Everyone's is different and has a different diagnosis, but I personally felt a lot worse with strange pains and feelings, for the first few weeks. Around 3 weeks on my cipralex 20mg I felt like I wanted to get better, I felt great,.. It's a awesome feeling to feel again. I hope this medication dose you well as it did to me, if you feeling bad you first few weeks just hang in there the effects with amaze you,, god bless you all, and get well.
|

replied June 20th, 2010
I'm having the same problem as the person that posted before me. It's going to be day four today and I feel tired, edgy, and restlessness. I know there will be at least some side effects that accompany this medicine but I can't help but wonder how long will this last?
|

replied June 20th, 2010
I'm having the same problem as the person that posted before me. It's going to be day four today and I feel tired, edgy, and restlessness. I know there will be at least some side effects that accompany this medicine but I can't help but wonder how long will this last? My family doctor has told me these side effects wouldn't last for more than a week but I've been noticing that other people on these forums have been with these effects for over a month.
|

replied June 28th, 2010
I've been on cipralex for almost two years now and my experience has been extremely positive. All panic attacks have disappeared and my anxiety is now almost non-existent.

Like the two people above, for the first five or six days I was nauseous, fidgety, and felt like I was going to feint all the time. But after that there were no more physical side effects. Mentally I've never been so clear Smile
|

replied July 2nd, 2010
Cipralex 10 mg
I have been on Cipralex for 4 weeks. I feel sick, tired, and stressed out. I have a hard time looking someone in the eyes. I have a doc appointment on july 28th, 2009. Today we are July 2nd... Hopefully I will see a change. I have a hard time waking out in the morning.
|

replied July 13th, 2010
Sonia36 - when I was on Cipralex I could not look people in the eyes, especially young pretty women at my son's wedding. I thought it was just me. I went off Cipralex because of grinding my teeth. I switched to Cymbalta and have not had the same problem. I can now look anyone in the eyes!
|

replied August 30th, 2010
Cipralex/Paxil failure
I am a 16 year old girl, and I was on cipralex from January to September last year. I stopped taking it because it made my insomnia insanely worse. I would oscillate between not sleeping for 3 or 4 days at a time, to not being able to get out of bed for days (regardless of whether I took my doses when I woke up, or before I went to sleep as the doctor recommended.) It was an extreme side effect for me because it affected my schooling so greatly. My psychiatrist switched me to Paxil which I took from October to March, and the sleeping side effects did go away, but I found myself feeling more depressed, empty, emotionally numb than ever before so I discontinued the medication. Since March I have not been on any medication, and it is now August, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest something for me that they think may work better for me? I know that I need to be on medication to live my life happily and the way I want to, but I am so terrified of the side effects.

Thanks kindly,
B.
|

replied July 13th, 2013
Sweetie, I feel really sorry for you as Cipralex couldn't do good for you. I think you should consult a good psychiatrist and should discuss with him or her.
|

replied September 6th, 2010
I've been on Cipralex for about 4 days now and I also feel as though I can't look people in the eyes. I don't want to see or talk to most people. I have a hard time leaving the house and have no motivation whatsoever to do anything. I lay in bed all day watching television. I don't feel panicky but I'm afraid I don't feel much of anything. I have no appetite and I feel like I "need to take it easy" most of the time. I'm just wondering if These side effects are to be considered normal and they will eventually go away or is this my body telling me that I should seek something different and that this is not for me.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
R.
|

replied September 8th, 2010
hi
I've been on Cipralex for about 1 day now, and I also feel same to you
and today my doctor said that all these effects are normal.
I thinking follow all the doctor say, because i 've one crisis before and let me told you something "was the more awful experience than before i can feel...
And well i'll see you en 2 weeks Smile
|

replied July 12th, 2013
hello. watever ur name is. Firstly, go learn the English language den start speaking in it. Correct your sentences by taking someone's help and assistance. I know I'm being rude but no one's gonna tell you. Bye. Good day!
|

replied September 23rd, 2010
cipralex
I started taking Cipralex about a week ago. Over the last 3-4 days I've become more and more restless...agitated with things... and tonight was the first night I could not sleep at all due to the restlessness. I'm a very heavy sleeper and have never had an issue until I started this so I'm wondering if I should stop. Have to work a night shift tonight and I havn't even slept yet.
|