Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Treatment ideas for spondylolisthesis

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I have been through hell and im only 26. I just tried injections but because of the surgery and the hardware the dr couldn't get the needle in he facet joint. I have tried everything else i know but am open to new ideas. The pain is almost too much to tolerate, and the amount of drugs are in competition to kill me faster then the pain. please help my family are struggling, and im always depressed. Thanks for being there for me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 24th, 2010
Active User, very eHealthy (online)
at least you still have a sense of humour your post is faily brief if you gave a bit more of your history some one may be able to help.

good luck
|

replied May 12th, 2010
I have more just type in my screen name, but not too many replys. I am so lost.
|

replied May 12th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
hi
some pain killers have depression as a side affect. best you talk to your dr about it....pete
|

replied May 12th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
hi
some pain killers have depression as a side affect. best you talk to your dr about it....pete
|

replied July 20th, 2010
This is a copy from another post I wrote a while ago, but I will write some more new stuff at the bottom to fill you in on what's going on now.

I recently had a surgery to fuse the L5 S1. My pain is getting progressively worse. My intention is not to scare anyone from getting surgery but to get help, advice, and or support. I am married but can't talk honestly with my wife and am now seeking support groups to keep my head above water. All kidding aside I feel as if I am an 80 year old man. and can't begin to imagine what the pain will be like when I am 80. I am now 27 and can't remember being pain free and have memories as an early teen of splitting wood and shovling snow with a deep burning stabbing low back pain. I feel like if a person could die of pain I would be on my death bed. I have had numerous ct's x-rays and mri's with and without contrast all together about 30 different sets of films. I have been on many meds going as far as 6 methadone everyday with a fentanyl patch every two days, only taking off and edge of pain.

The weird part is about a month or two after surgery I had a somewhat painless month, followed by the worst pain since yesterday everyday. I have also lost my faith as a christian, but sometimes find myself begging god for help. I am currently taking a 50 mcg fentanyl patch every three days(long acting) and 6 to 8 10 mg norco(short acting), baclofen and ambien with amitriptyline every night to sleep and methadone when I run out of norco. I have this pain when I go from laying to sitting and then standing it's a stabbing shooting spine separating hunched over weakness that I have to break for about ten seccconds between each stage or I almost calapase from the painful weakness. My nerosurgern has sugested a facet block injection L4 L5
This is my first post so sorry about anything.
|

replied July 20th, 2010
What's going on now, I asked that my dr. give me a shot in my bad hip to see if that is cousing back pain because I know a guy who had a bad hip and it gave him a lot of back pain. so they started with an x-ray, I already knew that I had posttramatic ostyoarthritis and bone spurs but now they see a tear as well, so the next step if the shot helps will be a resirfaceing but the downside is a lot more arthritis, other option is a hip replacment. I will do almost anything to releave pain. Im only 27 and the pain is a 8 out of 10 everyday. I am now on 10 norco a day and 50 microgram patch every 48 hours, I withdrawl sometimes after I wake up or if I forget to put on my patch. I have two kids and I don't want to let them down forever, I want so badly to get better so hit me back whth anything that may help.
|

replied February 23rd, 2012
I'm better now, dionogesed with fibromylgia and dialing in the meds now but I'm at a 6 out of 10 so I can't complane.
|